back from glory..

foneguy

this will take a day or two, first off we stayed at fawlty towers and let them do the transfers....never again, the hotel wa snice but the shuttle srv.....not too swift, we waited at the airport 1 1/2 hrs fri night b4 the cruise.

ok the goods for now ,,,embarkation very smooth went well......food ok not spectactular.....but im on a cruise.

we set sail on time and the seas were HORRIBLE...not a wave in site?! i actually thought we stopped and was parked for 2 days:D flying fish yes we saw them.

andre' the waiter excellent!! infact he entertained each evening table 119 in the golden late seating...( not what we reserved )and our table mates were the best mark and marlene..russel and candise infact we are at the airport w/ rus and candis right now the kids as we called them

if you can live on a soda here and there, i would not buy the crard, they had iced tea, apple juice and lemmon ade/ buffet nothing to brag about and the gala buffet was not great...more later

We sailed our first family cruise on the Glory in October and loved her. Such a fun ship! We had excellent service over all, great food and tons of fun. Planned to sail her again sometime for the Western Carribean.

Glad you had a nice trip!:)

cozumel was sunny and warm not too much wind, but yet nice, panchos back yard was tasty, next in belize snorkling met scott, tawyna, jason, and few others ,a little cloudy waer but still very fun wife saw her first moray eel very exciting. then we all went to lunch in belize above del sole, very very good resturante!

next 2 days at sea were a little bumpy the seas and shipps speed made us rock a little fun for kids in the pool!!! not too amny pool games just a hairy chest contest....fri was bahamas, not too hot out little breezy, my dive was canceled, i found out from shore extursion desk from another ship :mad:

so goes communications from our ship to passengers, the shore ex. desk person gave a lame excuse that she just heared but the other ship notified me that made me more upset than loosing a good dive:mad:

disembarkation was a little nerve racking but very very fast.......

all in all a very good time would i cruise glory again i am not too sure yet..:rolleyes:

Just back too. Not too bad a week. Foneguy said most of it. Food was just ok, my dining room service was a 6/10 at best. Bar service in the dining room was horrible, even after I ordered a bottle of wine the first night, no offer of even the wine menu once the bottle was gone. Room steward was exceptional, dont think there couldve been a better one on the ship. Communication was the biggest problem we had.

Went to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel, probably shouldnt spread the word about it since it was soooooo quiet there, maybe 10-15ppl total, the food was good and the drinks kept coming. Great service over all.

Belize!! Took the best excursion there. We did a pilot your own boat on the Belize river. Was a great 5 hours. We saw a ton of wild iguanas, howler monkeys, and crocs, even saw a few blue herons. The guide was very knowledgable.

Nassau...HA what a wasted stop. Spent about an hour on land and then went back to the boat and the very empty pools and slide.

Embarkation and debarkation were pretty painless. Arrived in Orlando on Friday night, rented a car and drove to Cocoa Beach (Sheraton Four Points I highly recommend it), dropped the car at Dollar in the morning and they shuttled us right to the terminal, pick up by Dollar was a bit more umm hairy, guess it was just volume so we waited just a little for the shuttle but it was smooth from there.

Hey Islandtude...I was at Nachi Cocum also. Were you the one in the pool with the 2 sweet kids? It wasn't many others there so I'm trying to find out if it was you and your wife I spent so much time talking to. You're right, that place was nice. Although I got way to much sun and was sick all day Tuesday. I finally felt like doing stuff on Wednesday. Needless to say, I didn't go to shore in Belize. I don't really like to tender anyway. Well, if it was you, I really enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Talk to you soon.

Hey Islandtude...I was at Nachi Cocum also. Were you the one in the pool with the 2 sweet kids? It wasn't many others there so I'm trying to find out if it was you and your wife I spent so much time talking to. You're right, that place was nice. Although I got way to much sun and was sick all day Tuesday. I finally felt like doing stuff on Wednesday. Needless to say, I didn't go to shore in Belize. I don't really like to tender anyway. Well, if it was you, I really enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Talk to you soon.

YEs that was us. Sorry to hear you got sick. Too much sun will do that to ya.

Archived