Just returned fron the Mercury 9/24 to 10/3/2004 sailing. Any Questions?

CINDON

Pools were 7:00am to 8:00 pm according to the daily paper. Thalassotherapy pool till 9:00.

We were scheduled for 3 formal nights but only had 2. They were Catalina Island and at sea.

There were some exercise classes like stretch and relax(free) at 8:00 am and Pilates and Balls and Bands that you had to pay for. That's about all I can tell you about the gym as I didn't use it.

JohnM,

We were on the only 9 day cruise of the season and the formal nights will vary from that of any other Mercury cruise. The formal nights on our cruise will not help you on your cruise as they will not be the same. I hope that this answers your question.:D

Cindon... I love reading your comments. Glad you had a great time on your cruise! :)

My hubby and I will be going to the Mexican Riv. in cabin 8007 in Feb. Can't wait to get back on the Mercury. This will be the 6th time on this ship. We have been on the Millie and Infinity a couple of times each and still love the Mercury. The staff is fantastic! I know it is rough up front. We were in a front cabin coming back from S. America on the Mercury. The Pacific ocean from Cabo to San Diego was very rough. We were packing. We had the suitcases on the bed. We could just hold our clothes over the bed and they rose up to meet us. It was funny. But if you are prone to seasickness, I wouldn't hang around in your cabin during a rough day at sea. :( It was also a LONG way to the elevator. But we like it. Hope you all have a fun cruise. I am getting really excited about it!

If you are on the Feb. 7 cruise, we will be nearby, we are in 8006.

I am slightly worried about that end of the ship. I had queasiness on our last cruise, didn't actually get sick but just a big queasy by times. It usually happened when I was in areas where I couldn't see out, if I got out on deck I was ok. Since then we have bought a boat of our own so I'm 'hoping' (crossing my fingers) that I'll be better. But I'll take bonine (if I can find any) just in case. I don't see anybody talk about Gravol much anymore.

Lynda

I'm reading about the rough seas and am wondering if anyone knows how bad the aft cabins will be? We are booked in a port side FO cat cabin in May for a Mexican Riviera. Any of you Mercury experts have an opinion? We are not prone to sea sicness and are boaters.

Out of curiousity, I realize that most everyone cruising is my parents' age...will there be any "twenty, thirty-something" kids for me to play with (I'm 25)?

Your assumption is wrong... It depends of the time of the year.. During school vacations there are a lot of families. For example our family (33yo + 32yo + 13yo) ..I also saw many teenagers...

Is 25 still considered "Kid" age? ;)

David G,

We found the food to be very good in the dining room as well as the buffets and pasta stations and outdoor grill. It wasn't what I would call excellent, but was very good.

Marion2004,

There is no charge to eat at any of the buffets or pasta stations or outdoor grill. There is a slight charge to eat dinner in the specialty alternate dining area (which is in the buffet area) instead of in the dining room. Reservations are required to eat there.

Cindon...So glad you have offered to answer questions post trip!!!

Our family of 3 will be sailing the Mercury for a X-mas Mexican Riviera cruise with friends and relatives...

Entertainment: How was the entertainment on board? Was there a live Latin guitarist at the aft bar (next to the buffet/sushi area) in the evening after each sailaway? What other Spanish/Mexican music was played (since it was a Mexican Riviera cruise)? How about piano/quartet music? Any good comedian on board? At what times were the shows? Any repeat performance shows per night? (we will have late seating!!!)? Was there a disco? How was the live band at the pool and what time did they normally play?

View: Did you have a portside or starboard side cabin? We will be having a portside on the PH deck and wondering whether it would provide good views of the ports, and which ports...We are sailing from San Diego past Cabo, Mazatlan, PV to Acapulco. Then the ship would turn around and stop by Ixtapa before sailing back to San Diego.

Formal nights: Did you have 2 or 3 formal nights? On which days were they on?

Thanks, Kim

my partner and i (40-somethings) are going on mercury to mexico in november--first cruise for both of us. what exactly is complementary? drinks?

also, any great excursions you recommend? we're not looking for the touristy, bus trips for the masses, but enjoy exploring and seeing cool stuff. i've read about horseback riding, canopy rides and "las caletas."

gay tolerant?

how's the gym? what exactly is the Spa all about, and is it complementary?

finally, how's a CC room towards the back on Penthouse deck?

thanks very much.

Cindon... I love reading your comments. Glad you had a great time on your cruise! :)

My hubby and I will be going to the Mexican Riv. in cabin 8007 in Feb. Can't wait to get back on the Mercury. This will be the 6th time on this ship. We have been on the Millie and Infinity a couple of times each and still love the Mercury. The staff is fantastic! I know it is rough up front. We were in a front cabin coming back from S. America on the Mercury. The Pacific ocean from Cabo to San Diego was very rough. We were packing. We had the suitcases on the bed. We could just hold our clothes over the bed and they rose up to meet us. It was funny. But if you are prone to seasickness, I wouldn't hang around in your cabin during a rough day at sea. :( It was also a LONG way to the elevator. But we like it. Hope you all have a fun cruise. I am getting really excited about it!

Love that cabin too! Had it 3 times between the Galaxy and the Mercury.

It is a long walk, but the room is a great destination!

Archived