Cabo restrauant

MTcruiser

Not if you know where to go. There are many great places to have a good meal in Cabo. There is a small place over behind the McDonalds (going towards the corridor) that has fantastic fish taco's. At Macombo's (over behind "El Squid Roe") I had a grilled whole red snapper (head , tail, the whole thing) (about 3 pounds worth) for $20 this past February. So it is possible to have a great meal there. Research & know where to go.

Have to agree with you about Macombo's. We have friends that live/work in Cabo and that is where they take us. We will be going again in October and April.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a lot about this taco stand - interesting clips on YouTube. As anyone gone there? We had the most difficult time finding our way around Cabo last year and hope to manage it better this time. I made a map with Google and hope this makes it easier.

Gordo Lele's is a great place to eat (on the sidewalk). It is very popular with the cabo forum regulars (timeshare owners for the most part) over at TripAdvisors.com (parent company of CruiseCritic).

This link will show you a map where I have centered Gordo Lele's right in the middle. It is around the corner from Siesta Suites Hotel. Another good place nearby is Salvatores (Italian). It is right next door to the Seista Suites. Also, the road behind it is Hidalgo (aka restaurent row). This is where Pancho's, Crazy Lobster, La Dolce, Mama's (in the morning)/Felix's (in the afternoon/evening) are all located. Also, anothr block back and behind the Town Square is Mi Casa.

If you go to Gordo Lele's, Javier will be glad to seranade you with a Beatles song, it's a lot of fun. There is also a store across the street that you can buy 3 for $1 beer to have with your meal. Javier won't mind at all.

For the squeemish, Gordo Lele's is not for you. It is a sidewalk stand. For those normal people, Gordo Lele's is a great place with outstanding Carne Asada Tacos, a couple of plastic chairs, and Javier (the 5th Beatle). Go and have a great time.

Here is the link to the map.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8820369&lon=-109.9125481&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

The a fore mentioned Mi Casa has always been good. Their signature dishes include a fantastic mole. That about as authentic as you can get. Look on the map link I posted. It's behind the small town square (slightly above and to the left of the center of the map).

The a fore mentioned Mi Casa has always been good. Their signature dishes include a fantastic mole. That about as authentic as you can get. Look on the map link I posted. It's behind the small town square (slightly above and to the left of the center of the map).

Thanks SDPadreFan on the Gordo Lele and Mi Casa update. Last year we stopped at the Giggling Marlin and had the combo taco platter. We really enjoyed the fish taco's. I don't know if it's safe to have fish taco's at Javier's spot and I read about the place near McDonald's. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We can always go back to the Giggling Marlin, but would like to try someplace different this time.

Gordo Leles has the best carne asada taco in Cabo IMO. And they are only $1.50 each! You can't beat that plus he sings for you too. True, he only has 2 tables and some chairs lined up on the street but the food is excellent. You can buy a beer at the little bar accross the street for 3x1. We always give the extra one to Javier for part of his tip.

We probably eat there 3-5 times during a 10 day trip, sometimes just for a quick to go order. Definatly worth a stop!

Thanks SDPadreFan on the Gordo Lele and Mi Casa update. Last year we stopped at the Giggling Marlin and had the combo taco platter. We really enjoyed the fish taco's. I don't know if it's safe to have fish taco's at Javier's spot and I read about the place near McDonald's. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We can always go back to the Giggling Marlin, but would like to try someplace different this time.

Being as we are from San Diego, we don't get that excited about fish tacos. San Diego was where they first made their US appearance when a college student opened a little place in Mission Beach called Rubio's. He had experienced them down in Baja and thought they would do well in San Diego. The rest is history.

Gardina's is supposed to have the best fish taco's in Cabo. That's the one that's behind the McDonalds. Other places that are probably good (the restaurants are good anyway) would include Crazy Lobster, Sleepless Lobster, and I think even Taco Loco next to Rips (in front of Cabo Wabo) is also supposed to be good. Rips is a great local's bar and they have some amazing (and dangerous) "rainbow shots". On Medano Beach, Tobasco's is supposed to have a good reputation. BTW, Gordo Lele's is only Carne Asada Tacos & Torta's. No fish tacos that I'm aware of.

If I could only have one meal in Cabo, I would probably put in the effort to get over to Mocambos (it's over behind El Squid Roe). Getting a whole grilled Red Snapper for @ $20 is my idea of heaven. My guess is that they would probably have fish tacos there as well. They also have an amazing shish kabob (extremely tender beef) there.

Gardenia, about one block from McDonald's towards the beach, has absolutely the best fish and shrimp tacos in Cabo. There is a big, green awning in front of it.

So, I've decided that's where we will be heading. I wonder if it's safe to eat the lettuce/cabbage, salsa. What do you think?

Archived