Cabo restrauant

MTcruiser

right at the harbor when you get off the tender in cabo and go to your right a little bit youll see a building that says bathrooms and taxis,

there s a place right there that serves some food and its really good, and the service is good,

its like 5$ for a HUGE NACHO !!!

and margaritas are 2 for 5$ !!!

corona is like 1.50 $

its shaded and fun to sit there and people watch,

if you go speak to juan, hes the younger gentlemen who works there, hes sooo nice !!!he will take care of you

there are also many places on the medano beach area, but they are more pricey usually , but almost the same,

have fun in cabo !!

We spend 2-4 weeks each year in Cabo and are leaving again on Thursday! Our favorite restaurant that is not as touristy as the one mentioned above is Solomon's Landing. It is also located on the marina but about a 5 minute walk from the tender dock. If you just follow the marina walk-way toward town, it will be on your left hand side just as the walkway makes a right turnat the Tesoro hotel. It is just past Captain Tonys.

Excellent food, especially the fresh fish, great prices and a great people watching spot especially since it is open air and located right on the marina walkway instead of indoors in a strip mall. We will be having dinner there on Thursday night!

Where are you staying? The water is finally starting to warm up so if you can handle it in the low 70's the snorkling is not too bad at Santa Maria or Chilano Bay. You might want to take a day trip to the town of Todos Santos, it is about 90 minutes up the coast and a cute artsy town also the home of the Hotel California. There are also some really beautiful beaches there. A stop at Art & Beer on the way back to Cabo is also fun- awesome drinks!

We are pretty lazy when we are there, pool or beach by day and then dinner and drinks at night. We will usually do 2-3 day trips in the 10 days we are there. We are planning on doing the America's Cup sailboat race this trip but we will wait until October to snorkle as the water is in the 80's then.

There is a huge group of us from tripadvisor meeting at Rips on May 3rd at 7pm if you would like to join us. Rips is a small bar in the courtyard in front of Cabo Wabo. We did a tripadvisor meet last October and had over 40 people show up! It was really fun and we made some great friends who we will be spending time with this October.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Thank you for the invite. We will getting into town on the 3rd around 4 their time. So 7 might be pushing it a bit. We will be at the Riu for two weeks. We know it's not the best but we have stayed at other Riu's and they are have always been good to us. For the price you can't go wrong lol ok maybe not too far wrong lol Thanks for all the great tips on stuff to do. We too will be taking it as easy as we can for the holiday. If there is a second time for a get together we could make that. Or maybe another time for a drink somewhere? We are from Southern Ontario Canada.

We are meeting some folks from the Coral at the dock on the 5th any suggestions for a quick drink that is close to the peir?

Bill aka Cabana

Solomons Landing would also be a great spot for a quick drink! You'll probably be fine at the Riu as long as you come into town for least a few dinners- the restaurants are so great in Cabo especially all of the fresh seafood that you won't get at your resort. You will be about a mile down the beach to where it is safe to swim- Medano Beach. There are lots of fun bars and restaurants in that are too.

Have fun!

Whenever we are in Cabo, we like to go to the office. It is right on the beach, good drinks and excellent food and snacks"!

Louis

Sorry to disagree with you, but I find that "The Office" has become too "tourist" successful. Because of this, food quality is down, prices are up, and service is down as well. It used to be one of our favorite places, but the last 2 years we have passed and picked better places. We tried it again this last March (just in case things had gotten better). No change. We had lunch there and the food was just mediocre, prices were high for what we got, service was pretty poor.

We have a timeshare in Cabo and are there for a week each year. Cabo is growing and so there are always new restaurants to try as well as revisit some of our favorites. That used to be the case for "The Office", but sadly no more.

seems like you know a lot of places in Cabo, I will be out there next month on the cruise and have only few hours to spend but I would like to discover some of those nice places : ( either short tour boat, nice beach, local foods or any hotel's facilities are allow cruise's passenger to use their pool or hang out on the beach.....??) please help ( we have 8 peoples )

Thank you.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I find that "The Office" has become too "tourist" successful. Because of this, food quality is down, prices are up, and service is down as well. It used to be one of our favorite places, but the last 2 years we have passed and picked better places. We tried it again this last March (just in case things had gotten better). No change. We had lunch there and the food was just mediocre, prices were high for what we got, service was pretty poor.

We have a timeshare in Cabo and are there for a week each year. Cabo is growing and so there are always new restaurants to try as well as revisit some of our favorites. That used to be the case for "The Office", but sadly no more.

OMG, we'd heard so much hype about the Office that we just HAD

to try it last year after all the build-up.

I was like, *****? $50 for the two of us to have lunch and two margaritas,

but that included the tip. We went there a year ago, and agreed,

the food was about on a par with Chevy's restaurants, not even THAT

good IMHO.

I remember going to mexico when one could get a lobster dinner

for $4 pp in Acapulco back in '86.

Prices in Cabo are outrageous. If I'm going to spend that

kind of money for food I can go to Maui.:rolleyes:

Prices in Cabo are outrageous. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for food I can go to Maui.:rolleyes:

Not if you know where to go. There are many great places to have a good meal in Cabo. There is a small place over behind the McDonalds (going towards the corridor) that has fantastic fish taco's. At Macombo's (over behind "El Squid Roe") I had a grilled whole red snapper (head , tail, the whole thing) (about 3 pounds worth) for $20 this past February. So it is possible to have a great meal there. Research & know where to go.

When we were in Cabo a couple of weeks ago we ate at Mi Casa. It was very good... expensive for food in Mexico (approx. the same price we would expect to pay here in California) but it was VERY good. The strolling musicians were nice to hear while eating too!

• 3 months later...

This is the research I have found so far on Cabo.

Please feel free to add to the information and correct anything.

Cabo Wabo go for a t-shirt and a Waborita but do not waste your time eating-to expensive and not authenic food

Beach Area-Medano

Mango Deck

Tabascos

The Office- which has mixed reviews. Some feel like it has become too touristy and very expensive

Marinia Area

Soloman's Landing

Baja Cantina

Massages

are availabe on the beach (medano) near Tabascos for around $20

Tequila Tasting

Panchos which is a few block from Cabo Wabo

That is a great list! You can't go wrong with any of those places except maybe the Office. But it is right next door to the Mango Deck so maybe you could have a drink and an appitizer at both for comparison!:)

Hey. You sent me an email a while back and I compiled a lot fo the information from your email.

This is the research I have found so far on Cabo.

Cabo Wabo go for a t-shirt and a Waborita but do not waste your time eating-to expensive and not authenic food

Beach Area-Medano

Mango Deck

Tabascos

The Office- which has mixed reviews. Some feel like it has become too touristy and very expensive

Billygan'

Marinia Area

Soloman's Landing

Baja Cantina

Massages

are availabe on the beach (medano) near Tabascos for around $20

Tequila Tasting

Panchos which is a few block from Cabo Wabo

Waverunners(Jet Skis), banana Boats and Parasailing

beach area at Medano

On Medano you will also find banana boats, jets skis and parasailing

Resort that allows Day Visitors

ME resort- they charge a fee that is applied to your food & bar bill. That fee is subject to change due to the timeframe that you visit.

Other popular bars:El Squid Roe, The Giggling Marlin and the Zoo

Now I remember! I was thinking, wow those are all my favorite places.:)

You gave me the majority of the places and the rest was from other research.:D I am looking forward to Cabo more than any other port. I hope we can get off the boat quick enough.

Archived