What would you do??

We booked the original Ruby Innaugral cruise, our booking was then changed to the new Innaugral date, same price, same cabin with the option to choose - we decided to do a B2B.

Now I am looking at switching the second week on the Ruby to the Crown which will give us one week Western Carib and one week Eastern.

The Crown leaves a day later so we would have to spend the night in a hotel, pack up after the week to switch ships etc etc

Which would you do??

Stick with the planned B2B or switch ships??

Oh, that's a tough one. Do you enjoy the Western Carbbean enough to go two weeks in a row? Or do you prefer the Eastern?

Two weeks B2B on a brand new ship sound wonderful, but for me, I like the variety of the one week East and one week West, just to change things around a bit.

We booked the original Ruby Innaugral cruise, our booking was then changed to the new Innaugral date, same price, same cabin with the option to choose - we decided to do a B2B.

Now I am looking at switching the second week on the Ruby to the Crown which will give us one week Western Carib and one week Eastern.

The Crown leaves a day later so we would have to spend the night in a hotel, pack up after the week to switch ships etc etc

Which would you do??

Stick with the planned B2B or switch ships??

Hi Julia.....

Our friends are on the Ruby the 15th and we might just jump in at the last minute. Being lazy about packing, I would probably stay with the B2B, even though the different itineraries would be more interesting.

Pia

I am also interested in hearing opinions, pros, cons, etc. I am on the same b2b (meeting up with Julia) and definitely on the fence about it. Other than St. Thomas, the eastern cruise would be new to me. But, I'm also basically lazy and packing up, getting off, staying in a hotel for one night and then turning around and getting on another ship and unpacking again, does not thrill me. On the other hand......well, I could go on and on with this and that and that and this.:p :confused:

I am doing a B2B also next month and my B2B is exactly the same except for alaska. I picked that because 14 days without packing up my stuff, hauling it off of the ship, get a hotel, and then get back on and unpack again. Also if you have or picked a great cabin it is nice to keept that one for 2 weeks. Just my opinion.

Marilyn

JMO - I would go for the different itinerary - I like the Eastern better, but we picked the Western for the new ship this time. You will have a great time whatever you decide. Is there a price difference? That could be a factor in deciding (I mean other than the hotel expense).

Price is pretty much a wash with exception of fuel charge. We don't have to pay one on the b2b Ruby, but would have to on the Crown. Not a biggie. But, am leaning towards Pia and Marilyn in not wanting to schlep the bags back and forth. I guess I don't really have strong feelings either way. So, I'm leaving the decision up to Julia since I really don't care. I'm just happy to have 2 cruises to look forward to no matter what the itinerary.

Price is pretty much a wash with exception of fuel charge. We don't have to pay one on the b2b Ruby, but would have to on the Crown. Not a biggie. But, am leaning towards Pia and Marilyn in not wanting to schlep the bags back and forth. I guess I don't really have strong feelings either way. So, I'm leaving the decision up to Julia since I really don't care. I'm just happy to have 2 cruises to look forward to no matter what the itinerary.

Well - that being said - just go for it - if itinerary isn't an issue and to enjoy a NEW ship for two weeks. As I said, I prefer the southern and eastern itinerary - but we picked this because we have never done a western and would like to visit Cozumel again (we were there on a land vacation some years ago - I'm sure it has changed). We just wanted to go for the ship - a NEW one - not that interested in the ports of call this time - but then we are not scuba divers or snorkelers. Lots of people love this itinerary for those reasons.

Have a great voyage!

Kaye

Well - that being said - just go for it - if itinerary isn't an issue and to enjoy a NEW ship for two weeks. As I said, I prefer the southern and eastern itinerary - but we picked this because we have never done a western and would like to visit Cozumel again (we were there on a land vacation some years ago - I'm sure it has changed). We just wanted to go for the ship - a NEW one - not that interested in the ports of call this time - but then we are not scuba divers or snorkelers. Lots of people love this itinerary for those reasons.

Have a great voyage!

Kaye

For us, the ship is our destination so we would certainly stay with the Ruby, the innagural cruise on the Crown was wonderful and we look forward to our week on the Ruby Nov. 8.......whatever you decide have a great cruise.

I just love when people sometimes pay attention to me. :D Unless the different itineraries are important to you, stay where you are.

Pia

I would always choose to see new places, but if you've done the eastern ports before, I would definitely stay on the same ship (preferably in the same cabin). We've done B2Bs on different ships before, without the hotel night in between, and, while it's preferable to boarding a plane and going home after one week, it's still a lot of work to move. Plus, I think you're treated special when you do B2Bs (by the crew, as they recognize you). By doing them on different ships, you miss out on that.

I prefer the Eastern carib to Western and generally choose that so the reason we are doing this cruise to start with is because it's the Innaugral:D

We have done the Eastern numerous times, all our DCL have been eastern so I think just the fact I won't have to keep packing and unpacking etc will be the reason for me to stay.

Plus it gives me an excuse to book some more cruises so we can go on the Crown:D (maybe even with the kids:rolleyes: )

Lynda, sounds like I'm rambling and still on the fence:eek:

I prefer the Eastern carib to Western and generally choose that so the reason we are doing this cruise to start with is because it's the Innaugral:D

We have done the Eastern numerous times, all our DCL have been eastern so I think just the fact I won't have to keep packing and unpacking etc will be the reason for me to stay.

Plus it gives me an excuse to book some more cruises so we can go on the Crown:D (maybe even with the kids:rolleyes: )

Lynda, sounds like I'm rambling and still on the fence:eek:

No Problem, there's still time to make a decision. Maybe we should book the Crown before the Ruby inaugural and do a 3 wk cruise. Just joking!:D

[/b]

No Problem, there's still time to make a decision. Maybe we should book the Crown before the Ruby inaugural and do a 3 wk cruise. Just joking!:D

Don't be joking about stuff like that - remember how adamant I was about not doing a B2B etc etc and boy did Princess put a wrench in that!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived