Parental Permission Needed?

lmtrn2001

We are planning on going on Valor May 29th for our son's graduation present. We will also be taking a couple of his friends. My question is will we need written premission from their parents? They will all be 18 years old. Please help.

Thanks,
Lisa T.

[quote name='lmtrn2001']We are planning on going on Valor May 29th for our son's graduation present. We will also be taking a couple of his friends. My question is will we need written premission from their parents? They will all be 18 years old. [/QUOTE]Absolutely.

Plus ...

Individuals under 21 may not be booked in a cabin unless there is also someone 25 or older booked [i]in the same cabin[/i] as well.

To be on the safe side...

...take not just written, but NOTARIZED, permission from both parents for each person under the age of 21 traveling with you.

Most likely nobody will ask to see the letters, but better to be prepared than sitting at the terminal trying to get permission faxed to Carnival as the ship is sailing...without your group.

As I mentioned in my previous post, any cruiser over the age of 18 DOES NOT need written permission from their parent to cruise. We've taken kids over the age of 18, but under the age of 21, and were always informed by the cruiseline that the only ones that need written permission are those under the age of 18.

Now booking someone under the age of 21 in their own cabin is another story. Anyone under the age of 21 must be booked in a cabin with someone over the age of 25.

We are also going to be on the May 29 Valor cruise. You are the first group that I have seen besides my in-laws, husband, and myself. I hope to start a roll call about 100 days out IF I don't see one before.

[quote name='tef43']Absolutely.

Plus ...

Individuals under 21 may not be booked in a cabin unless there is also someone 25 or older booked [i]in the same cabin[/i] as well.[/QUOTE]

We booked 2 cabin's last year on the Conquest, my wife and I in one and my two boys in another (ages 19 and 17). Booked with a company that advertises on this site. Told them the names and ages of the boy's and they said no problem. I looked to see if they split the adults and the kids up in our documents but they didn't and we never had any problem. I think as long as adults are going on the ship they over look it.

[quote name='hstrybuf']I notice the Carnival website says that you must be 21 and have proper ID to be served alcohol. I thought 18 year-olds could have beer and wine, or do I have my cruiselines mixed up again? :confused:[/QUOTE]

18 year-olds can have beer and win on Royal Caribbean. Not so on Carnival. My oldest son turns 18 next February - what a shame, no RC cruises booked. :-)

Stu

[quote name='TxMark']We booked 2 cabin's last year on the Conquest, my wife and I in one and my two boys in another (ages 19 and 17). Booked with a company that advertises on this site. Told them the names and ages of the boy's and they said no problem. I looked to see if they split the adults and the kids up in our documents but they didn't and we never had any problem. I think as long as adults are going on the ship they over look it.[/QUOTE]There have been numerous postings/threads here recently indicating that Carnival has changed this policy and is now being enforced to the letter.

[quote name='tef43']There have been numerous postings/threads here recently indicating that Carnival has changed this policy and is now being enforced to the letter.[/QUOTE]

Reversal.....you can book them now in their own cabin but it must be next door or directly across the hall................no gty assignment, must be specific cabins.

As of yesterday.

Archived