Just Goodness - Tell Us what you Like!

kontraxed

I'm sure we all sort of enjoy reading about other people's complaints but I thought I would start a thread just to talk about what we like and why we cruise.

I love being on the balcony and looking out at the ocean at night. I like looking for dolphins and watching for other ships. I like leaving one island in the evening and waking up at another island the next morning. I really enjoy pulling into a new port and wondering what the day will bring. I like the choice of dining venues. I like the shows. I like just walking around the ship looking at the people and exploring the areas I always seemed to miss. The whole cruising experience is so different from my normal life that I just love it!

I love seeing Barcelona, Sicily, Positano, Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Nice, St. Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Cayo Laventado, Antigua, Puerto Rico, etc. I love excursions where I see things I can never see at home, like the rain forests.

I look forward to seeing Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, BC.,St Lucia, Barbados.

I love waking up in the morning and having a balcony to sit outside and watch docking at the ports with a cup of coffee. I love coming back to the same room every night. I love walking around the ship and just "people watching". I love shopping for gifts for my friends back home. I love buying postcards for my scrapbook. I love sitting on the back of the ship at Great Outdoors and having a drink. I love dining at Le Bistro, or the buffet, or Cagney's, or...wherever I feel like dining that evening. I like sleeping in until I wake up, without an alarm clock waking me up every morning. I love having my hair done in the spa, watching the ocean while someone else washes my hair. I love hearing the sound of waves and seeing other ships at night with their lights abaze. I love seeing the ports, in the evening as we sail away, with their light glowing softly in the distance; although I must admit that is a bit bittersweet seeing a port where you had such a great time, fade off in the distance...I love so much about cruising!

I love going out onto the balcony each morning and watching as the ship pulls into a port. I love going to the front of the ship each time it pulls out of a port to start a new journey to the next port. I love going so many places and only unpacking once. I love exploring the ship, sitting up in the lounge at at night, listening to the music, the sail away party, etc. I love it all!

I love waking up to the call that Room Service is on its way, and I didn't have to prepare any of the food.

I love my balcony for sea watching on sea days, and people watching on port days and late night reading while everyone is sleeping inside.

I love watching the ship pull into another port and seeing people onshore waving hello. It really makes you feel welcome.

I love waving back at passengers on their balconies of the ship they are sailing on when we are in port together.

I love listening to the band in the atrium in the evenings.

I love that I am on a ship and not doing the daily routine of going to work, food shopping, and cooking and cleaning at home.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I love the warm weather, the dancing, meeting and talking to people, not having to make a decision on anything, not having to wear a watch while on ship, the salty sea air, getting a really good hair cut in the salon, the adventure in every ship, the adventure in getting there and back, writing reviews, laughing at myself, having time to work out, wearing outfits I have no place to wear back home, not having any dreams while cruising because I am vacationing in one.

Coka

*so many things...coffee made by someone else, delivered and enjoyed on the balcony

*stepping out of the real world for a time, no mail, no T.V., no laptop, no phone, no appointments

*being with loved ones on an adventure

*meeting new friends

*not having to do the dishes or the wash

*being able to cruise....

I love cruising.. New places, beautiful views. Walking on promenade deck and looking at waves, we never get tired of them.

Nice music in different cozy lounges. Beautifully decorated ships. Stealbands with reggae by the pool. Production shows.

It's nice to wake up and skip all "chores", even making own bed. :)

If I wrote this 5 years ago, I would add food, but now it's more of a problem, as we've changed our lifestyle to be in better shape... but it's difficult to not overeat on a cruise. :D I wish ice-cream was not free.

I love creating new life time memories with my teenager! ;)

What a beautiful sentiment. My parents are both gone now and I never had the opportunity to take a vacation with them. I went to grandma's with my mom, but my father and mother divorced when I was young and so I never had the experience of even one family vacation. Make the most of those memories!

I love creating new life time memories with my teenager! ;)

We created so many memories with our teen on the Spirit cruise which ended yesterday.

Unfortunately... today they all disappeared when he got a bad grade today at school, skipped two classed and rode a train, and a bus to Connecticut.. We spent whole day looking for him. But memories were nice. :D

• I love how COMPLETELY relaxed I get on a cruise. By the 2nd or 3rd day my brain is so on vacation that I make the funniest slip-ups or goofs and I can laugh at myself and not care! My DH laughs with me, too.
  • I love that someone else is figuring out what to cook for dinner
  • I love that giddy feeling of "what shall we do next?", cause it can be a little or a lot and it's all good
  • I love learning stuff at the art talks & auctions
  • I love meeting people from our roll call & other guests
  • I love sitting on my balcony in the morning enjoying a Bailey's & coffee

We created so many memories with our teen on the Spirit cruise which ended yesterday.

Unfortunately... today they all disappeared when he got a bad grade today at school, skipped two classed and rode a train, and a bus to Connecticut.. We spent whole day looking for him. But memories were nice. :D

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your day was so challenging....:(

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your day was so challenging....:(

Thank you!

Yes! We need another cruise. At least there are no trains and buses to another state on the ship!!! :)

I love the paintings in the art gallery, especially on my first cruise. There was a painting of Positano, Italy that I absolutely loved. Didn't buy it, someone else must have because it was gone when I went back. But, I have the memory of that painting and that excursion!

Don't forget to take a travel journal! You will forget so much in so little time if you don't! I "remember" all the things that I have since "forgotten". The small details, the little restaurants, the shop in Florence where we met a wonderful woman who asked us to send her a postcard. The little place in Sorrento where we bought several bottles of lemon chello (sp?). The shop that offered the beautiful wood carvings...and on, and on.

Ms Belp, mind's eye is so important! The memory is perhaps better than the painting...you didn't have to transport it and find a spot on your probably already crowded walls!!!;) Mind's eye is never full!:) AND you don't have to have it in front of you to see it again!:cool:

I am so hooked on cruising that I can't even begin to describe what I love so much about it! It is just EVERYTHING! From the moment the ship comes into sight at boarding to the last glimpse as we leave...I just adore it! It has been the place my family and friends and I have enjoyed total fun and relaxation! It's also where we have made new friends who have remained friends for decades!! A cruise is a pretty amazing place!:D

Tatka, don't fret!!!!! Please email me if you can! We have a 16 year old son....you and I have sailed similar itineraries over the years with our boys! I'll tell you what's up with us and maybe it will help! My email is in my profile.

I'm glad so many people have added to this thread. It brought back even more thoughts. In 2007 we sailed out of New York City and it was amazing! It was cold but watching the New York City skyline slowly fade away behind us and then sail by the Statue of Liberty was great. The next day we went through a tremendous storm at sea and we got to see huge waves. (It was a little scary but a lot impressive!) A day later the cold had changed into warmth and shorts.

We liked that cruise so much we booked the same for February 2009!

I love the excitement of deciding on the next cruise and the anticipation we all feel as it gets closer. I love the excitement of our youngest, how she has such a hard time sleeping the night before we leave. I love getting to the pier, leaving cold NH behind and tentatively exposing my pale arms and legs to the sun. I love getting dressed up for dinner. I love meeting new people and forming a trivia team. I love to find a good place to watch the water, drink a beer and read. I love the Kids' Crew because they ensure that our daughter has a great vacation and thus DH and I have a great vacation. People say cruises are expensive but we have almost a year's anticipation and forever for the memories- that's worth much more than what we pay the cruiseline.

Barb

Now that brings back memories:D Your son is doing what my husband called "they are climbing fool's hill",(I always wanted to know when are they going to get to the top!) He had 5 brothers no sisters I had no brothers, I had no idea what boys could think up or do! Don't worry just stay on top of him and when he is a about 25 or 26 he'll get to the top of "fool's hill" and you will start to see the results of your good parenting, boys just take longer to mature. Our sons are 28 and 30 now one's married has a son and they both built their first homes this last year so there is hope for responsibility! Now our daughter never gave us a minute of trouble, but boy her brothers sure made up for it. Chin UP!:)

so many things that make cruising the experience it is: seeing many places in one vacation, being able to order what I want for dinner and wondering if I should settle for the $20 chicken instead of the $25 steak, opeing the drapes each morning and gazing out to the ocean or watching the workers on the dock in a new port, but most of all the wonderful people we meet.

Nita

Archived