Freedom - Aft Cabin question Cat E-1

I wouldn't book a deck 6 or 7 aft because of the extension of the deck on 6 which blocks your directly down view. The higher you go, the less you notice the obstruction. We had 8712 on Freedom and it was fine. You probably know that all aft balconies of Voyager and Freedom class ships have metal structural bars criss-crossing your aft view. I believe deck 10 is the only deck with no bars.

The deck seven corner aft cabins are great. Not for the cabin but for the balcony. The balcony is almost as big as the cabin. I think the whole super structure thing is overblown, it's there but you can still see plenty out the back of the ship. I agree that deck 6 has a worse view because of the extended deck. I have pictures in my picasa album, you can click on the link in my signature.

Ok, this is a silly question, I'm sure.....but what is an aft cabin and what is a hump cabin??? excuse the question --- I'm a newbie!! :D

Hello - welcome to CC! Everyone had to learn!!

An aft cabin are the cabins are the back or rear of the ship. There aren't that many and they go fast because the balconies are usually larger than the rest.

A hump cabin is where the ship bows out - the advantage of a center hump cabin is that you can see forward and back - a nice view!

Hope this has helped:)!

I wouldn't book a deck 6 or 7 aft because of the extension of the deck on 6 which blocks your directly down view. The higher you go, the less you notice the obstruction. We had 8712 on Freedom and it was fine. You probably know that all aft balconies of Voyager and Freedom class ships have metal structural bars criss-crossing your aft view. I believe deck 10 is the only deck with no bars.

Glad to hear this, we have this cabin and its sister on Independence next April!!:D Glad to hear they are good ones!!:)

Archived