Best/cheapest way to get from FLL to Port of Miami

hatchetjack5

I got a quote for a van for $140. Is that a good price??

Not really.

The the GOShuttle shared ride shuttle is $18 per person. No reservations required, no advance credit card payment, just show up and go. For a group of 7 it comes to $126.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

Also, remember...

There's a BIG difference between the "BEST" way to do something and the "CHEAPEST" way....

A few dollars saved is not always the best thing...especially when 6 others are counting on you to get them to the ship on time and in comfort! HAHA!

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!

:)

We like to stay in Fort Lauderdale, even when cruising out of Miami like we did last month. There seems to be so much more to do (that we like!) and we're familiar with how to get around the town.

We like Fort Lauderdale Beach, the water taxi, and the Las Olas area for shopping and dining, as well as the hotels.

The money we saved flying and staying in Fort Lauderdale allowed us to hire a limo to get us to the port and back! There are 4 of us, so the price was only a little more than messing around with a shared shuttle.

We used LARRY'S LIMO, and they were GREAT!

http://www.larryslimo.com/Vehicles/Vehicles.htm

It was private. for 4 people and 4 peices of luggage. We just got our luggage went outside and found the GoShuttle. Told them 4 people to the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace and off we went. Very easy. We also used them back in November for just two of use. That time we were in a shared van. $18.00/person

Larry's Limo's said they could only do a van, and it will be $126 going there, and $144 coming back. And you will be charged fro both, so thats $270 for 7 people. That seems awfully high to me.

Looks like it's $19/person compared to $16/for the other.

Only looks like it's a lot higher because you have 7 people and they had 4.

GO SHUTTLE:

7people X $16 = 112 x 2(each way) = $224 (IF you can get them back down to the pier to pick you up!) + tip?

LARRY'S:

$270 dived by 7 people, divided by 2(each way) = $19.29 per person each way, guaranteed. Including tip!

I guess we liked the peace of mind that extra $46 bought us!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

We are also staying at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. Hyatt Place will take use from FLL to the hotel. In the morning, they will take use from the hotel to FLL to catch the Go Shuttle. Then we will take the Go Shuttle to POM to catch our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was in Ft. Lauderdale I used South Florida Shuttles. They have something for like $14 per person but it doesn't include the tip. I always use them when I fly into Ft. Lauderdale. I know you need to make reservations, but you don't have to do any advanced credit card payment. You just pay when they pick you up. Also, when they picked me up from the port I only had to wait like 10 minutes for the van to get there. :)

Archived