High Taxes and Fees for 2 day Cruise

I was looking into the 2 day cruise on the Navigator on January 22, 2009, however, I noticed that the taxes and fees were $156.04 which is about twice the normal rate of any other 2 day Bahamas cruise. I called RCCL

and they said, "It is what it is!" Does this seem rather high to anyone else?:confused:

I was looking into the 2 day cruise on the Navigator on January 22, 2009, however, I noticed that the taxes and fees were $156.04 which is about twice the normal rate of any other 2 day Bahamas cruise. I called RCCL

and they said, "It is what it is!" Does this seem rather high to anyone else?:confused:

Take a 7 day cruise then - Problem Solved. Think of how much more fun you will have with the other 5 days.

These are another unregulated income source for cruiselines. RCI does tack on really high taxes & fees on their short cruises. They post favorable rates on their smaller ships and shorter itineraries and sometimes the taxes and fees are HIGHER THAN a 7 night cruise. It is not a %age of cruise fare; think of as the junk fees tacked on to a mortgage. They are just a money-maker.

These are another unregulated income source for cruiselines. RCI does tack on really high taxes & fees on their short cruises. They post favorable rates on their smaller ships and shorter itineraries and sometimes the taxes and fees are HIGHER THAN a 7 night cruise. It is not a %age of cruise fare; think of as the junk fees tacked on to a mortgage. They are just a money-maker.

:confused: :confused: Have you not seen read about the lawsuits regarding port charges in the last 10 years? They are certainly not unregulated.

These are not a money maker for the line, maybe the ports in question have higher taxes/fees than others during this time frame.

You are mistaken about the taxes part, only a government can impost taxes. RCI can collect the taxes but it does not set the tax rate!

Why are your taxes so high? I am on that sailing and mine are nowhere near what you post. The $156.04 taxes and fees are for how many cruisers? 4?

No, that person posted correctly. I just priced it, and the taxes & fees add-on for one is $78.02.

That's as much as the charges for my 13 day transatlantic on the Independence! :eek:

Ft Lauderdale has high port taxes. Remember they are doing the expansion for Genesis. Partial financing is through increased port taxes.

The taxes/fees line is actually LOWER on the 4 day, which goes to Cozumel. The special two day sailings only go to CocoCay, which is a private island owned by Royal Caribbean.

Those 2-Nighters are not regular scheduled. They were put in. As far as I remember there was a 2-Nighter earlier, than a 4 and a 5 Nighter than dry dock. I think they pushed the the dry dock early, canceled one or both 4 and 5 Nighter, shifte one 2-nighter and added another. There was quite some confusion because some on the 2-Nighters were booked and suddenly it was not available anymore. People thought its chartered out but RCI closed bookings to give those from canceled cruises a chance. I am sure thats one of the other reasons that the 2-Night is so high - Port Everglades just punished them. The other as I noted above is that Port Everglades increased port taxes this year.

:confused: Huh?

Are you telling me that they didn't increase the port taxes for the rebuilding?

You seemed to be explaining the very high fees/taxes line on the 2 day sailing by saying that she is sailing out of FL. I said that the fees are as high as for my Independence TA. She is also sailing out of FL, so your explanation does not make sense.

We were thinking of doing a b2b with the 2day and then the 5day Navigator, I have now called C&A and they agreed with us that the taxes and fees for this cruise seem rather high and will be investigating this and will call us back. I have also learned that the 2day cruise will count as a cruise credit. Thanks for all your responses!:)

I am glad we will get a cruise credit for the 2-night Navaigator in January. I booked that cruise about a month ago. Later it occurred to me we might not get a credit for the cruise, but then I fugured they are getting our money.

The next question I have is will they bother with a formal night on this two-night cruise?

Do you mean to tell me that the person you spoke with actually said, "It is what it is!?" I think that I would have spoken with their supervisor and suggested that, that person goes back into training and learn how the proper way of answering a question.

No, that person posted correctly. I just priced it, and the taxes & fees add-on for one is $78.02.

That's as much as the charges for my 13 day transatlantic on the Independence! :eek:

I just rechecked my confirmation. My taxes & fees $39.91 pp. :D

yep...mine too! Hi pmfan....for the rest of you, join us in the roll call if you are on this sailing.:D

Hi shelli, glad to see I'm not the only one. I had to recheck my comfirmation. LOL.

Yes please check out our roll call.:)

Archived