Watching the Coral and Island Live in the Panama Canal Today

Go-Bucks!

It was so interesting to watch the 2 ships going through the locks earlier this morning!! Makes me excited for my trip coming up in Dec.

If you can, watch them again this afternoon. They both head toward the Pacific later today. You can not only see their webcams, but the best view is on the Panama Canal webcams.

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

You can switch from the Miraflores lock to the Gatun lock to the Centennial bridge. Have fun!

It was so interesting to watch the 2 ships going through the locks earlier this morning!! Makes me excited for my trip coming up in Dec.

If you can, watch them again this afternoon. They both head toward the Pacific later today. You can not only see their webcams, but the best view is on the Panama Canal webcams.

You can switch from the Miraflores lock to the Gatun lock to the Centennial bridge. Have fun!

It is a neat perspective. :)

The Island is coming from the Pacific (California) to the Atlantic, they should be passing by each other later.

miraflores.jpg

The Island has been cruising Gatun Lake....................she should have some signs for us CCers on the balconies.................I am watching with my binaculars........................Island then anchors off Panama for tomorrow. I did this 19 day cruise last fall......................absoultely fabulous.......sailinsal

I too am watching the web cam with interest. I have three co-workers on the Coral and it is fun to watch their progress. I can't wait to hear all about their trip before I book mine. Geeze, I have a long wait:(

Kris

The Island is coming from the Pacific (California) to the Atlantic, they should be passing by each other later.

Actually, the Island came from the Pacific, but will be going back to the Pacific after doing most of the canal and then staying a day in Panama. The 2 ships did pass each other, but the Island isn't going out to the Caribbean. The Coral, though, is doing the full transit from Caribbean to Pacific.

I got to see most of the Coral's afternoon passing under the Centennial bridge and through the Miraflores locks and it was amazing - the camera was pointed directly at the bow and the ship was coming at us! Then it turned to go to the next lock. So cool. I think I ended up watching it more than working - guess I'll have to be extra productive tomorrow to make up for it. ;)

Archived