Seabourn Istanbul Memories: Today & Matt Lauer There Thursday

TLCOhio

From our Seabourn cruise to Istanbul in June 2006, we will get some great re-charging of the memories Thursday. Or if you are planning an upcoming docking there, be sure to tune in the Today Show on Thursday. Matt Lauer will be doing the "Where In the World" segment there based on the clues and picture of the large bridge in their harbor that connects Europe and Asia. The live broadcast will start at 7 am Thursday. Based on the visits so far this week to Buenos Aires, Amsterdam and Laos, there should be lots of interesting things shown on this program. Their show producers pull out all of the stops to capture the food, music, culture, etc., in each country and city. If you miss the live telecast, you can go to the msnbc.com website and then on the Today Show section, they will have lots of highlights and travel tips. Since 1998, the Today Show on NBC has done eight different weeks with "WHERE IN THE WORLD Is Matt Lauer?". In the previous eight segments, Matt has visited 39 locations, including 17 in Europe or its areas. BUT, never has the Today Show done one of the Matt Lauer segments from Istanbul or Turkey. There has been lots of Italy plus in Athens, Mykonos, Paris, Monaco, Scotland, Moscow, Zermatt, Dubrovnik, Innsbruck and Ireland.

Seabourn has lots of stops in Istanbul this year, but in some cases, the time there is fairly limited. When you cruise to Istanbul, it is challenging because the city is so large with 15 million people and it has so many different things to do. One three hour ship tour doesn't cover it in all of its glory. Just sailing into the town is magical with its spectacular history, unique visuals and THE SMELLS you capture on the ship's deck! On your ship, you get a much better feel for the excitement that is Istanbul than just flying there and riding into town in a cab. It is a very special town and hopefully this show will help in re-living those past joys or previewing the upcoming cruise experiences there. If you are considering a cruise in the Mediterranean, be sure to make Istanbul one of the stops. If it is your starting or ending point of your cruise that will allow more time to experience fully the charms of this great city with so many sites and sights that are unmatched in the world.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Seabourn cruise to Istanbul in June 2006, we will get some great re-charging of the memories Thursday. Or if you are planning an upcoming docking there, be sure to tune in the Today Show on Thursday. Matt Lauer will be doing the "Where In the World" segment there based on the clues and picture of the large bridge in their harbor that connects Europe and Asia. The live broadcast will start at 7 am Thursday. Based on the visits so far this week to Buenos Aires, Amsterdam and Laos, there should be lots of interesting things shown on this program. Their show producers pull out all of the stops to capture the food, music, culture, etc., in each country and city. If you miss the live telecast, you can go to the msnbc.com website and then on the Today Show section, they will have lots of highlights and travel tips. Since 1998, the Today Show on NBC has done eight different weeks with "WHERE IN THE WORLD Is Matt Lauer?". In the previous eight segments, Matt has visited 39 locations, including 17 in Europe or its areas. BUT, never has the Today Show done one of the Matt Lauer segments from Istanbul or Turkey. There has been lots of Italy plus in Athens, Mykonos, Paris, Monaco, Scotland, Moscow, Zermatt, Dubrovnik, Innsbruck and Ireland.

Seabourn has lots of stops in Istanbul this year, but in some cases, the time there is fairly limited. When you cruise to Istanbul, it is challenging because the city is so large with 15 million people and it has so many different things to do. One three hour ship tour doesn't cover it in all of its glory. Just sailing into the town is magical with its spectacular history, unique visuals and THE SMELLS you capture on the ship's deck! On your ship, you get a much better feel for the excitement that is Istanbul than just flying there and riding into town in a cab. It is a very special town and hopefully this show will help in re-living those past joys or previewing the upcoming cruise experiences there. If you are considering a cruise in the Mediterranean, be sure to make Istanbul one of the stops. If it is your starting or ending point of your cruise that will allow more time to experience fully the charms of this great city with so many sites and sights that are unmatched in the world.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just advertising but really what does he know. :p :o :rolleyes:

You called it, Terry. I think the clue made it pretty easy, while I never got Laos, because I don't know about prime numbers.

I certainly enjoyed the brief look at Buenos Aires, since I was just there. And we all know how lovely Marja and Rene's homeland is, no matter what time of year, but especially in Tulip time.

We sure did have a good time in SA along with so many others on the BB here. I think the one day stops are just teasers, enough to whet one's appetite to return for more exploration. Perhaps next year for me.....

I think I hit 200 in the Baltic; days at sea, that is.

Archived