Does anyone know if the Diamond Princess is docking in Ensenada?

cruzegirl

I have friends that are on this cruise and supposed to be in Ensenada today. But the bridgecam shot seems like it's been the same for 2 days with just a change in date. Plus I heard about a tourist shooting in Ensenada and wondered if Princess had canceled the port? I've been saving captures from the bridgecam while they are on the their cruise but it "feels the same" for the past couple of days......

I have friends that are on this cruise and supposed to be in Ensenada today. But the bridgecam shot seems like it's been the same for 2 days with just a change in date. Plus I heard about a tourist shooting in Ensenada and wondered if Princess had canceled the port? I've been saving captures from the bridgecam while they are on the their cruise but it "feels the same" for the past couple of days......

Debbie,

Wow!! A tourist shooting...........yikes. I was just there on the previous cruise. Do you have a link to an article about the shooting? I would be very interested in reading it. Very scary stuff. :eek: There are so many issues in Mexico right now. I live in San Diego and we are constantly hearing about problems in Tijuana.

Thanks for the information.

It usually docks there....

diamond_bridge.jpg

Unless there are other ships docking maybe the diamond is doing tendering. I know last Nov. we could not dock as there were two ships already there.

Marilyn

Debbie,

Wow!! A tourist shooting...........yikes. I was just there on the previous cruise. Do you have a link to an article about the shooting? I would be very interested in reading it. Very scary stuff. :eek: There are so many issues in Mexico right now. I live in San Diego and we are constantly hearing about problems in Tijuana.

Thanks for the information.

Well I heard about it last night or Monday night on the news. I watch NBC 4 and KCAL 9. But can't find the tourist part of it on the website. I know it was an Asian name and they said the person was a tourist down there. But I did find this article which is probably old news.

http://cbs2.com/national/tijuana.mexico.gunfight.2.709600.html

Well it does look like it's docked finally..... Nice to see the view change..lol... That ocean was the same, it seemed, for 3 days....lol.... I won't be meeting up with them.... I was just trying for a bridgecam capture. Too bad though.... They were in lovely Hawaii and had to stop HERE on the way back!! Too bad......

Unfortunately if the Diamond didn't get into Ensenada' date=' Princess would get a major hit on fines for violating the PVSA.

True enough. I can't imagine them missing it without something major going on.

Wouldn't it be nice if one day, this requirement would be dropped. I know, I'm dreaming...:o

I know.... We keep dreaming on it. And not to hi jack my own thread but what's the latest on the PSVA? I can't get through all the garbely goop on the original thread to read the latest.....

I know.... We keep dreaming on it. And not to hi jack my own thread but what's the latest on the PSVA? I can't get through all the garbely goop on the original thread to read the latest.....

It's still pending. The latest I heard is that Homeland Security is looking at it. If any of the proposed changes go through, then it's a matter of whether it's applied to all foreign flagged ships going RT from US ports or if it's just for the Hawaiian cruises. It will not only affect us fans of cruising, but also the US port cities themselves.

It's still pending. The latest I heard is that Homeland Security is looking at it. If any of the proposed changes go through' date=' then it's a matter of whether it's applied to all foreign flagged ships going RT from US ports or if it's just for the Hawaiian cruises. It will not only affect us fans of cruising, but also the US port cities themselves.[/quote']

So still up in the air.... I wish they would just do away with it...... It's ridiculous..... I live in California and believe me, I know the ripple affect it will have on all U.S. ports.... All for one cruise line that acted like "babies".... And has anyone checked out NCL's prices lately? Not only are they the only gig in town for RT Hawaii cruises, Honolulu to Honolulu, but they are charging highway robbery too.... Amazing

Archived