Happy Hour and Cost of Drinks

TERRIER1

We just returned returned from our very first cruise aboard the Oceania Regatta and loved it. We were able to bring liquer aboard and there was a happy hour daily from 5 to 6 pm. Can anyone tell me if there is a happy hour aboard Azamara? can you bring wine and alcohol on board? Also, what is the cost of drinks such as the house wine? Thanks.

Jean

I know that in our boarding docs Azamara said we could bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per stateroom...for consumption there. (we are sailing 5/16/08)..and no mention of a "Happy Hour"..so will have to let you know! LuAnn

We sailed on Quest March 1-16 and there was no happy hour. This is one suggestion I made on the comment card and to Heike the hotel manager directly. I hope AZ will institute happy hour as I just booked with them again April 25 and May 2/09 back-to-backs in Europe. The high price of the drinks and the 18% tip really turned me off. But everything else about the cruise was great which is why I'll be sailing AZ again!

just returned from the transatlantic crossing on the Journey....no happy hour as of yet. We were able to bring two bottles of wine aboard the day we sailed. We did not bring water as it is supplied in the suites as is soda. Also agree with the other posting, water is supplied in an iced pitcher twice daily in the rooms, and it was fine to drink. You could also walk by the dispensers in the buffet area anytime and get a cold glass of water from the machine. Our experience with the drink prices is different from some; we felt the drinks were not expensive based on the size of the drinks and amount of liquor in the drinks. We were very pleased with the size and portions especially after reading the boards about how high the prices were. We ordered bottles of wine at dinner, reasonable prices also and compared with upsale resturants at home. We enjoyed the wine tastings and the wine and food pairings on board, the staff made the sea days very entertaining for us. All in all, our experience was very positive.

just returned from the transatlantic crossing on the Journey....no happy hour as of yet. We were able to bring two bottles of wine aboard the day we sailed. We did not bring water as it is supplied in the suites as is soda. Also agree with the other posting, water is supplied in an iced pitcher twice daily in the rooms, and it was fine to drink. You could also walk by the dispensers in the buffet area anytime and get a cold glass of water from the machine. Our experience with the drink prices is different from some; we felt the drinks were not expensive based on the size of the drinks and amount of liquor in the drinks. We were very pleased with the size and portions especially after reading the boards about how high the prices were. We ordered bottles of wine at dinner, reasonable prices also and compared with upsale resturants at home. We enjoyed the wine tastings and the wine and food pairings on board, the staff made the sea days very entertaining for us. All in all, our experience was very positive.

On many Points I agree with Bill, but not on the View of Point about the Prices in the Bars. The Prices are alright but adding a 18% Servicecharge is a bit too heavy. Most of all the Waiter expect addional Tip to be put on the Slip, there is a Line for adding a personally Tip. Also I dont agree with the Covercharge for Tastings. Why should I pay for something, the Companxy gets for free. This is nothing else as in a Supermarket a Tastingshow. The Producers will show their Products. For that should I pay extra?

But on the other hand everything else was fine, and I would recommand any Time the Azamara Journey to anybody. I am shure we will be onbord again.

Eric

Archived