Free suitcase to Captain's Circle members

texaridian

I just found out today that I've won a Samsonite suitcase for being a member of the Captain's Circle. I'm not sure I understand the details, but this is what a Princess representative told me.

They were doing a promotion and chose a bunch of CC member numbers. If a person who had had their number drawn booked a 2008 cruise by Nov. 15, 2007, they automatically would win a suitcase.

We're getting ready for a cruise on June 26 and we discovered this while finishing some paperwork. The suitcase is supposed to be delivered before the cruise.

Has this happened to anyone else who is reading this board? Did I get the details right?

Thanks,

Carol

Congratulations!

Yes, there are hundreds of posts from those that qualified for the promotion. I think most of them have received their luggage already. It's not actually a 'win' so to speak, but a targeted promotion by Princess Cruise Lines.

But although I have read it is a nice piece of 24" luggage, don't get too excited about the price Princess tells you it's worth. The sticker tag on them showed the price to be under $100, not $365 that Princess kept telling everyone.

But hey, it's a freebie and you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

Enjoy your suitcase.

I have mine from our 11/07 cruise on TP. It has not arrived till after the cruise due to back order issues. Hopefully they are resolved now and you will get yours before departure.

It is very nice piece of luggage, roomy, with tons of extra pockets and expandable. My only note is that I would prefer it in some other color than black, but I can't complain about the freebie!

It is packed and ready to go for our cruise on CB this Sunday, so hopefully it will hold up nicely :)

Yes, there are hundreds of posts from those that qualified for the promotion.

I tried to search for this topic before I posted my message, but didn't find anything. If you know how I can find those previous posts, I'd appreciate it.

Carol

Thanks Toto for the link. I couldn't get it to work, but I'll try searching luggage promotion.

Thats strange, it worked when I posted it now I can't get that link to work either. Hummmmmmmmm

I went back and found the link to the largest discussion, let's see if maybe you can access that one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631445&highlight=Luggage+Promotion

I heard that the luggage will only work if it is filled with the "out of rotation" tee shirts and shot glasses from the overflow inventory from past itineraries. If you try to fill the luggage with any of your own personal (read more valuable) stuff, the luggage puts out an odor that smells like cocaine to the K9 Customs Detail.

Has anyone who is sailing in June received their luggage yet? I'm not waiting with bated breath but I'm curious.

Thanks, Molly

We sailed in March. The luggage arrived last week.

Has anyone who is sailing in June received their luggage yet? I'm not waiting with bated breath but I'm curious.

Thanks, Molly

I am sailing on June 22 and have not received my luggage yet.:(

Archived