What can we expect to see/experience Muroran to Anchorage

Miss Jolly

Our family of 4 (our teens will be 15 and 16 turning 17) is booked on Diamond Princess 16 day Bangkok to Beijing but may be converting our original booking to the longer 32 day cruise. Due to our son's schooling, we may have to leave everyone early in Muroran. However, if the school can email his work to him, we may indeed stay on until Anchorage. There are so many sea days in between, we need to weigh up the pros and cons. What can we expect to see/experience on this last part of the journey?

Jennie

From Muroran to Anchorage is all sea days (I looked up May 2009 itinerary). You may see birds and sea life, but not much else. This part of the ocean can also have significant storms (Sapphire Princess and Regent Seven Seas Voyager encountered a big storm this last September). The only port I can imagine you might stop in might be Dutch Harbour and/or Kodiak. Still, I love sea days.

(Edited) "...What can we expect to see/experience on this last part of the journey....?

Jennie

Not much IMO. This would add thousands of dollars to your groups trip expenses. We have done this route three times on a ship and used to live in both Alaska and Japan. Perhaps you will call at Kamchatka, Russia and, as mentioned, Dutch or Kodiak. I have not looked. Really not much to see or do at any of these ports. Remember this is one person's opinion only. If you enjoy cruising as much as we do - go for it!

Archived