Caribbean Princess Suite vs. Mini-Suite

I am booking the Caribbean Princess and I am torn between a Mini-Suite and a larger Suite. I have had a mini-suite before, but was wondering if the extra $$ is worth it for a larger suite. I have a small child and sometimes it can feel like everyone is on top of one another in the room. Anyone have any opinions or reviews?:p

Thank you!

There is more space in a full suite, along with a curtain you can close to section off the sleeping area from the sofa bed. The larger bathroom is also a plus with a small child.

The perks associated with full suites are numberous and include free laundry (unlimited) and dry cleaning, which might come in very handy when traveling with a child.

You can also order full meals in the diningroom off the regular menu in a full suite, something you can not do in a mini.

For a full list of suite perks that will be available to you only if booking a full suite, see this link to the Princess website.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na687&submit=pk

I am booking the Caribbean Princess and I am torn between a Mini-Suite and a larger Suite. I have had a mini-suite before, but was wondering if the extra $$ is worth it for a larger suite. I have a small child and sometimes it can feel like everyone is on top of one another in the room. Anyone have any opinions or reviews?:p

Thank you!

Mini's are approx 323 sq ft.

Suites are 450 sq ft and up, the difference is like night and day.

If you think the price difference is worth it then go for the suite. :)

Mini's are approx 323 sq ft.

Suites are 450 sq ft and up, the difference is like night and day.

If you think the price difference is worth it then go for the suite. :)

There is one HUGE drawback . . . . once you go for it, you can never go back to a mini.:eek:

The voice of experience.

Mike:D

If you can afford it, I would book the suite. The larger cabin and the perks are wonderful. I also agree once you book a suite it is hard to go back. We were upgraded to a suite on our first Princess cruise. Last cruise, I wanted to book a suite, but only mini or lower were available. The mini was a nice cabin, but the space difference was noticeable.

Is this true??? Do they have chocolate covered strawberries daily? We are booked in a suite this summer on the Caribbean Princess (first time in a full suite!) and I will be very happy! The other perks we read about are great but....chocolate covered strawberries!!!!!! :D :D :D

Bob, in a full suite you have a choice each day. And Chocolate Covered Strawberries are definitely on the list. You can order them for each evening if you wish, or you can choose something different from the list. Complimentary in a full suite of coarse. ;)

We were upgraded to a suite for our last cruise on the CB and it was amazing. We were fortunate to have it for 2 weeks. One of these days, we will definitely book another suite. This may sound strange but the balcony, for us, was the best part. The perks we fabo too but we spent so much time out on the balcony enjoying the beautiful scenery and quiet. BTW, sometimes the chocolate covered strawberries will be plain looking and other times they will be decorated with tuxedos. Cute. There are pictures of the suite we were in (C748) in the photos link in my signature for those who would like to take a look.

They normally dress them in the tux on formal nights. :)

Thanks. I never paid attention to that. I was just so thrilled to be able to enjoy all the perks that the suite had to offer since I didn't know when we would be in a suite again. :)

Archived