Guaranteed Cabin on Conquest

cruzalot

We leave on the Conquest on May 11. One of the couples in our group booked a "guaranteed" inside cabin. We have booked these in the past on RCI and have received our cabin number 2-3 months before sailing. We are now 10 days and they still have not received a cabin number. We all booked using the same "Carnival" representative. I know that my husband and I "guaranteed" a Suite and we received our cabin assignment in February. Is this normal for Carnival? Will they actually not know there cabin number until the 11th? I wonder if they are trying to place them closer to us since we linked all our reservations together. Thanks for your help.

It may not be officially posted until you get to the ship. Then you check with the porters, and they have the manifest with all pax and cabin #'s.

We've had that happen several times when we first started cruising and got guarantees.

They say when you dont get assigned right away, more often than not you get a good upgrade. Your friends should hope they dont get assigned until they get to the port, that way they will probably get better than an inside cabin, or maybe even one nearer you, who knows. When you cruise and find out come back and let us know, we are always curious to know what folks get with their guarantees.

We leave on the Conquest on May 11. One of the couples in our group booked a "guaranteed" inside cabin. We have booked these in the past on RCI and have received our cabin number 2-3 months before sailing. We are now 10 days and they still have not received a cabin number. We all booked using the same "Carnival" representative. I know that my husband and I "guaranteed" a Suite and we received our cabin assignment in February. Is this normal for Carnival? Will they actually not know there cabin number until the 11th? I wonder if they are trying to place them closer to us since we linked all our reservations together. Thanks for your help.

Booked Inside Guarantee and didn't find out until port that we got a balcony on the upper deck. They hooked us :D .

Booked Inside Guarantee and didn't find out until port that we got a balcony on the upper deck. They hooked us :D .

See, those last minute at the port assignments are usually much better than if you get your cabin # assignment right away.

Archived