Opinion of a flight from FLL airport at 11:58

We have a flight at 11:58 from our ship docking in Miami. The Valor

What are the opinions of:

What time we should leave the ship?

Self dembarkation and getting the luggage tags the night before?

We have our own transportation to the airport, so that will not be a problem.

I posted this on other boards and I just wanted to know what anyone here thought?

thanks

Darlene

We have a flight at 11:58 from our ship docking in Miami. The Valor

What are the opinions of:

What time we should leave the ship?

Self dembarkation and getting the luggage tags the night before?

We have our own transportation to the airport, so that will not be a problem.

I posted this on other boards and I just wanted to know what anyone here thought?

thanks

Darlene

According to the Carnival website you shouldnt have any problems making your flight as long as you dont encounter any delays. You can do self assist if you want to get there early.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

You should have no problem.... You meet Carnival's time frames which are very conservative. I' have cruised out of Miami then flown out of FLL several times and both times were at the FLL airport before 10am. for 11:15 am flight (no self debarkation back then only priority debarkation) If you do self debarkation...you should be off the ship by 8am and then at FLL before 9am! Of course there is always a chance for a delay (custom clearence, late arrival, etc) but even with a minimal delay you would be fine with a noon flight.

You should have no problem.... You meet Carnival's time frames which are very conservative. I' have cruised out of Miami then flown out of FLL several times and both times were at the FLL airport before 10am. for 11:15 am flight (no self debarkation back then only priority debarkation) If you do self debarkation...you should be off the ship by 8am and then at FLL before 9am! Of course there is always a chance for a delay (custom clearence, late arrival, etc) but even with a minimal delay you would be fine with a noon flight.

Thank you! That does help us out.

Darlene

Do you take a taxi or the Carnival Transfer? I've been advised that a taxi is the best route to go if you're worried about making it in time.

Do you know how much a taxi would run from POM to FLL?

Do you take a taxi or the Carnival Transfer? I've been advised that a taxi is the best route to go if you're worried about making it in time.

Do you know how much a taxi would run from POM to FLL?

http://www.floridalimo.com/ site, google it, and they should pick you up, unless they have something about picking up at that port, they will pick you up from anywhere else in the 3 counties and bring you to the FLL airport. I used to use them when I lived in S. Florida.

The only problem with pre booking them is its hard to know exactly when you will be off the ship within 30 minutes. Its not that cut and dried, you could be in the front of the line or way in the back of the self disembark, get held up in a slow line in customs etc.

Archived