Which 2 way radios work in Europe

I love this discussion. I am the spouse of a US soldier and lived in Germany 3 different times. We were always warned not to use our US baby monitors or "walkie talkies" because it was illegal and could interfere with emergency vehicle frequencies. So, we went to Wal-Mart in Germany, yes in Germany, and bought a European friendly set to use on ski trips and on vacations.

You will find all kinds of Best Buy type shops all over Europe where you can buy the full range of electronics just like in the US.

• 1 month later...
I love this discussion. I am the spouse of a US soldier and lived in Germany 3 different times. We were always warned not to use our US baby monitors or "walkie talkies" because it was illegal and could interfere with emergency vehicle frequencies. So, we went to Wal-Mart in Germany, yes in Germany, and bought a European friendly set to use on ski trips and on vacations.

You will find all kinds of Best Buy type shops all over Europe where you can buy the full range of electronics just like in the US.

Yes we have had electricity for sometime now! :)

Awesome IDEA, pick the Radios up in your first Foreign Port.

Now just don't use them when you get home. :) Since they are on frequencies outside of the USA FRS/GMRS Spectrum.

I bet tho, that the folks rotating in, might want them.

Archived