RCI Grandeur of the Seas

fay54

Has anyone been on the Grandeur of the Seas recently. We have a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore booked for next June and are hoping the ship is nice. Had a bad experience with a cabin on NCL (Norwegian Sea). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

We were on a 7 day on the Grandeur in August and thought the ship was in great shape, and the staff was great also. We've already booked for 13 days on the Grandeur for next year. My only disclaimer is that this was our first cruise, so comments from those with a basis for comparison would be helpful.

We have been on many cruises including 2 on the beautiful Grandeur, most recently a transatlantic about a year ago. She is a little older, but carrying her age very well. The crew was great and the the ship was in fine shape. I think you will enjoy your time on the Grandeur!!!

I have sailed on both within the past 12 months and other than both floating on the water there is little to compare as the Sea is by the standards of today an old ship while the Grandeur is comparitively new. I enjojed both cruises very much but knew what to expect from the Sea, small cabin and fewer bells and whistles that more modern ships now have.

Frank

We just got back on Oct. 4th from the Grandeur out of Baltimore. It was an amazing trip!! The staff, food, cabins were amazing. This was our first cruise and we had NO complaints about anything. Our ports were majorly changed because of Jeanne but we did not mind at all. Hey, no cooking, no laundry, no cleaning for 10 days, what's to complain about?? We went to Bermuda, Labadee and Nassau. They were all beautiful to visit, my husband wanted to stay in Labadee! Any questions you have about anything, I will try to answer.

Gail

Reality Stinks!! We have to book another Grandeur cruise SOON!!

My wife and I were on the 9 night Grandeur on Sept 4 out of Baltimore.

We thought the ship and our cabin (D1, w/ balcony) were in great shape.

The entertainment was very good (they had headliners most of the evenings, like Marty Allen, an Olympic gymnast, etc.).

The staff was very good thru out the ship. The food was OK. They need to improve the flow of traffic in the Windjamer Cafe. The fries and hamburgers in the Solarium Cafe were excellent.

You will enjoy the ship and sailing out of Baltimore is a big plus if you live in the mid Atlantic area.

Hi - Thank you so very much for all the wonderful photo's. This is our 6th cruise, but each one gets me so excited and looking at the pictures makes it even more fun to look forward to. Thanks again.

Hi Fay54,

I will be on the Grandeur in June, 2005. What is your sail date, we sail on the 10th, hope your are sailing with us, don't know if there is a Meet and Mingle roll call yet, but if not, we need to get one going. I think it will be just great sailing out of Baltimore, the terminal is perhaps a 30 min ride at most for us.

Annieeee

Hi - Too bad, our sale date is June 24th, but hey, you can let me know how it went. Sailing out of Baltimore is great. We have done it three times now and flew twice. This will be out 6th cruise and hope it goes well. Hope all the places we go are in good shape when we get there. Those hurricanes really were something this year.

Great pictures! We are first timers on the "Grandeur", actually RCCL for that matter. I have a few questions. I have read the Grandeur does not have : Portofino's, Chop's , or a Johnny Rockets is this true? Anyone that has done the Western Carb. (cozumel, G.C. & Costa Maya) did you find the time to get back to the ship restricting or did you get the stuff done you wanted to do? Last but not least I thought I have read that the solarium is kid free, is this true? (Yes, I love kids, but I want to try not to for 7 days he he he) Thank you for your help.

Hi - Aren't Bobbi's pictures great. I thank her again. We have done the Western Caribbean before and found time to do what we wanted. Guess it all depends on what you want to do. Grandeur is due to get a Johnny Rockets. They say there will be a 3.95 charge to eat there. Others have said the burgers are just as good in in Windjammer Cafe, but we were in a Johnny's Rockets of Voyager a few years ago and the staff sing some of the oldies. It was kind of nice, but I am not sure I would pay again. Hope you have a good time. Since you are going first, You can let me know how it was.

You mean Grandeur is nicer than the Voyager. So far that has been my favorite ship. We were on Carnival - Inspiration, Celebrity - Galaxy, Rcc - Voyager, Norwegian - Norwegian Sea ( pretty bad cabins), and Carnival - Miracle. I am anxiously awaiting this cruise.

Has anyone been on the Grandeur of the Seas recently. We have a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore booked for next June and are hoping the ship is nice. Had a bad experience with a cabin on NCL (Norwegian Sea). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Thought you were asking about the Sea ?

My DW will not consider NCL again because of how things were on the Sea, hence my statement. Now comparing the Granduer to a Voyager Class is a whole nuther deal.

Has anyone been on the Grandeur of the Seas recently. We have a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore booked for next June and are hoping the ship is nice. Had a bad experience with a cabin on NCL (Norwegian Sea). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, my son (15), myself and my husband will also be traveling to Bermuda on July 20th on the Norwegian Sea. We are looking forward to it.

And your going back on the Sea again ?

Archived