When's the best time to cruise to Mexico?

Hello!

We are taking a cruise on the Vision of the Seas this December, and I was wondering how the weather is like in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan at this time? After searching the web a little, it seems like the highs are about 21 C, but is December hurricane season? I read a posting from another person saying that they went in October, and they couldn't make any of the port of calls and ended up at difference locations instead.

We've cruised on Disney Cruise Lines (7 day Eastern) before, so this trip on RCCL will be something new!

CC

I'm not an expert on the weather there. But I have researched and been to Puerto Vallarta a couple of times. It is my understanding that the rainy season occures there from August to First part of November. I was there once in September and most evenings we had a hard downpour for a hour or so. And getting around to answering your question at least for PV you should be ok.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Till the big party in NOLA

RCCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS - from New Orleans, 5/1

NCL's Norway 5/03

We did that cruise in the last week of November and the weather was great.

Island Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

We've been there in June and in October and both times the Mexican weather was beautiful....but the real difference was the sea days to and from LA....October was much, much warmer.

We are going to give September a try this year! icon_smile.gif

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

Hey thanks for those quick replies! We're travelling in from Calgary so we're hoping to get away from the cold December temperatures here. If the weather is anywhere near 21 C without too much rain, that would be perfect for us.

When we travelled on our Disney Magic cruise last December 12, the weather was great on St. Maarten and St. Thomas, but on Castaway Cay, it was frigid cold! I never thought the Carribean could be so cold - we thought it was going to start snowing. I heard it was unusual for the Cay, but I swear it must have been only about 8-10 C. The sand was cold on the feet! All the excursions on CC were cancelled too plus I think only about 2-3 people bravely ventured into the water.

CC

I sailed last December and the weather was fantastic. The sea swells were 6 to 8 ft in some spots but the temps were great in Mexico.

I would go again in December in a heartbeat (but I would also go the other 11 months too)

Bill in Monrovia

"Everyone has some good in them. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find it..."

6/27 Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I can tell you that the water in the Pacific is much colder than the Caribbean. My recommendation, as a southern Californian, would be to go around the September time frame. The air and water temperature is warmer and it won't be as crowded because school will be back in and it's after tourist season.

<blink><font color=#33CCCC size=5>On my way to the Caribbean in May icon_biggrin.gif </font></blink>

Talk with others on my cruise

We went on the Vision over New Years -started the cruise in 2001 and ended it in 2002. icon_smile.gif and the weather was wonderful! It was in the mid 80's in Mexico and it's not the rainy season. The first day out and last day in are always cool, even in the summer. Once you get near Cabo, the climate turns perfect.

Eileen

1967 Grace Lines Santa Rosa (don't laugh..I was a young teen!),

1968,Grace,Lines,Santa Rosa, 1970 The Victoria So. Car

1986 Seaward So. Car.

1987 Tropical Mexico

1988 Tropical So. Car.

1995 Sovereign of the Seas 2000 Elation Mexico

2002 Millie Panama Canal

2002 Vision OT Seas Mexico

2003 - Grand Princess 8/3/03

2004 - NCL Sky - 2/8/04

2004 - Carnival Spirit 10/4/04

10/04/04 SPIRIT Honalulu to Ensenada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;4;17;59;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Hey thanks a lot for those replies! That's reassuring since my wife was pretty worried about it being too cold in Mexico that time of year. I guess it's difficult to predict the weather these days so we'll be prepared in any event. :-)

By the way, here's some links to handy info sites for planning port of call trips:

Cabo Info

mazatlan

PV

2003 Disney Cruise Line Magic Eastern Caribbean

Hi CC

I think you are on the December 12th sailing??

We will be with you if your the same one who posted on the meet & Mingle board.

We have sail 27 times down there we go twice a year December and April, we sail again April 18th.

Dennis

Archived