questions about journey

adbnva

we are booked for 12/03/08 on the journey. have questions. do they have a laundry on board? can you order bottles of liquor for your cabin? can you bring wine onboard from ports? we will be flying in that day and will go right to the ship. we leave from barcalona, maybe there is a place @ the port to pick up wine. all this and any other info will be appreciated. thanks ad

Hi,there! They do have a Laundry abord on Deck 7 midship. You can bring 2 Bottles of Wine for Consumption with you. No hard Liquor they said. If you like to drink your own Wine in a Public Place or a Restaurant they charge you $25.-per Bottle Corkage. Finally you can order Liquore in the Dutyfree, but it will be delivered to your Cabin on the last day of Disembarkation.

After the initial 2 bottles of wine you are allowed to bring onboard at embarkation, are you also allowed to bring a bottle or two aboard that might be purchased at various port stops? When we were on Oceania a year ago, it was great to be able to buy the local wine at each port stop and enjoy a pre-dinner glass in our stateroom each evening.

After the initial 2 bottles of wine you are allowed to bring onboard at embarkation, are you also allowed to bring a bottle or two aboard that might be purchased at various port stops? When we were on Oceania a year ago, it was great to be able to buy the local wine at each port stop and enjoy a pre-dinner glass in our stateroom each evening.

Hi Hawkeye !

I am pretty sure the answer to your question is "Maybe". I am 99.9% certain that you are not allowed to bring alcohol onboard from the Ports. However, we have seen many posts from passengers who said it wasnt a problem at all, and we have seen others tell his the alcohol was taken away, and held until the end of the Cruise for them to take home. I hope that helps a bit.

When we boarded in Santorini last year they were about to take our 2 bottles of wine away when we asked if it made any difference if the wine was bought on an organised X shorex and they said yes and tore up the form they were completing for "impounding" our drink. However I have never seen it stated officially that you can keep a bottle bought on a shorex. In our case had we bought them at a local store we would not have been allowed to keep the wine

A

Archived