Obstructed view cabin on Caribbean Princess - E422

JasmineCruiser

We have been assigned E422 on the Caribbean Princess. I have tried to search information about this but keep getting an error message. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so, can you see anything? Also, is the bed against the window or is there a sitting area by the window?

Thanks.

This isn't going to be the best answer anybody ever got, but you don't have an answer at all yet. So, maybe a halfway good answer beats nothing? I hope so!

I haven't stayed in that cabin. I'm looking at the deckplan at cruisestateroom.com, and according to it, the sitting area is by the window. Many times this isn't cast in cement, since I think things do get moved around, but that's what it shows.

Also, it looks like you won't be right in the middle of a lifeboat, but it does look to me like you'll have very, very limited, if not none at all, view. If you go here: http://www.*****.com/cruise_ship_deck_plans.cfm you can find Carribean Princess in the list of ships. Click the title for a popup deckplan and find your cabin on Emerald deck.

We have been assigned E422 on the Caribbean Princess. I have tried to search information about this but keep getting an error message. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so, can you see anything? Also, is the bed against the window or is there a sitting area by the window?

Thanks.

The deck plans on the Princess website that show the cabins seem about right on. Your cabin looks "mostly" obstructed but not totally. There seems to be an "small" area that is not. So you may be able to look at something other than a lifboat. We have 421 which I booked after looking and thinking it did not look very obstructed. Princess and my TA mark as totally obstructed. Come to find out, it is not at all. :)

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/deck_plans/cb_emerald.html

Jasmine:

I posted over on the Caribbean Princess roll call but will post here too. As the others have said it looks as though there is some space to see out the window. So I think its not fully obstructed:) I'm looking at the deck plan in my brochure from Princess. We are on the Emerald deck also and our cabin is inbetween the lifeboats. Hey give it a shot. We have a lot of port days so how often will we be in the cabin??

Glad your joining us:)

Carol

While deck plans may mostly be correct - I had an obstructed cabin on the Coral Princess and the deck plans (where the lifeboats are) were wrong. Hopefully someone has had that exact cabin.

Thanks everyone. I have a printout of the deck plan and it looks like there may be somewhat of a view since I've seen the pictures of others who have posted pictures of cabins at the end of the boats. Hopefully someone who has had this exact cabin will answer. :)

We got such a great price that we just booked an FF cabin without asking for a specific cabin so that's what they gave us. We were hoping to get one between the boats or (very unlikely) to get a balcony. That has happened to us before. We don't want to pay extra for another oceanview cabin because we're hoping to be able to upgrade to a balcony at some point before we make our final payment. We're watching the prices. They went down slightly recently on the website where we booked but the taxes went up so it was a wash.

I've also seen pictures of other cabins on that deck that did have the sitting area so I'm hoping that will be the case. If not, then we can just go sit on an outside deck or one of the lounges to get a great view.:) It seems like it will be cool or cold so we might not get to enjoy a balcony anyway.

Hello,

We were just on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago, in cabin# E202. Our cabin looks fully obstructed on the deck plan - but surprise! It wasn't. There was a lifeboat going all the way across the window - BUT it was not covering more than 1/3 of the way up. We were about to see the top 2/3 of the window. Usually when the deck plan looks like that, it means you are lucky to see a tiny little corner of sky at the top, or a bit of water at the bottom. So we considered ourselves very lucky. Also, Princess ships have the best designed cabins I've ever seen for efficiency of space. You never feel cramped, or worry that you won't have enough room. (At least we didn't.) The bed is not in front of the window, but in the middle of the wall. There is a chair in front of the window. Enjoy your cruise! We're going back on the same ship again in the end of August, and will be in the same area as you cabin next time. It's a great ship. We can't wait.

Hello,

We were just on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago, in cabin# E202. Our cabin looks fully obstructed on the deck plan - but surprise! It wasn't. There was a lifeboat going all the way across the window - BUT it was not covering more than 1/3 of the way up. We were about to see the top 2/3 of the window. Usually when the deck plan looks like that, it means you are lucky to see a tiny little corner of sky at the top, or a bit of water at the bottom. So we considered ourselves very lucky. Also, Princess ships have the best designed cabins I've ever seen for efficiency of space. You never feel cramped, or worry that you won't have enough room. (At least we didn't.) The bed is not in front of the window, but in the middle of the wall. There is a chair in front of the window. Enjoy your cruise! We're going back on the same ship again in the end of August, and will be in the same area as you cabin next time. It's a great ship. We can't wait.

Thanks. Doesn't sound like it will be too bad. I would just like to be able to see out and sounds like on most of the cabins you can.

Archived