The Argument is Over, The Results are in, My Time Dining TOTAL success!!

Bill........while I agree with most of your post here.......the only exception that I'll take is your similarity to Coke........If you remember....New Coke did not take off.......so they changed it back.........somewhat to the old recipe. However..........they never totally changed it back.........and to get the old recipe.....(no not the one with cocaine included) you have to go to Mexico or Europe where the old recipe still is used. In the US....they have cheapened the recipe........for profit..........and something that I don't know anymore............and do not remember the flavor from my childhood.

Rick

Rick, you could be right that they didn't revert to the original formula but it was close enough to suit my taste buds. I have a friend who was a high ranking Coke official who boasted before New Coke was released that their marketing surveys and taste tests of the new product was overwhelmingly favorable. However, when it was put on the market, the public apparently concluded that if they wanted a drink that tasted like Pepsi they would buy Pepsi, not the New Coke. When they changed it back, I believe that Coke returned to its dominant position in the soft drink market. My point, however, was that they recognized that they had made an error and were quick to correct it. Some corporations, even when they realize that they made an error, refuse to admit it and doom themselves to failure. I share your hope that MTD and Traditional Dining can coexist successfully, but if they can't and MTD is not the success that some claim it is or will be, I hope that RCI will recognize that fact and act accordingly. :)

Rick, you could be right that they didn't revert to the original formula but it was close enough to suit my taste buds. I have a friend who was a high ranking Coke official who boasted before New Coke was released that their marketing surveys and taste tests of the new product was overwhelmingly favorable. However, when it was put on the market, the public apparently concluded that if they wanted a drink that tasted like Pepsi they would buy Pepsi, not the New Coke. When they changed it back, I believe that Coke returned to its dominant position in the soft drink market. My point, however, was that they recognized that they had made an error and were quick to correct it. Some corporations, even when they realize that they made an error, refuse to admit it and doom themselves to failure. I share your hope that MTD and Traditional Dining can coexist successfully, but if they can't and MTD is not the success that some claim it is or will be, I hope that RCI will recognize that fact and act accordingly. :)

Bill.........thanks for sharing your inside knowledge of Coke.

I have a bit of a biased view of RCCL......knowing the last President.

I'm sure that the Goldstein clan has their act together.....but I have to tell you that so many onboard miss Jack Williams.........and his ability to manage so that everyone felt important. With that feeling.....came a robust ability for everyone to say "It's my pleasure".

You are correct that MTD will either be a success.........or failure......dependent on those that implement it.........and those that can understand and correct any misdirections......to make it what could be the best in the industry..........or just another NCL.....or Princess....anytime dining.

Rick

Unless your tablemates at traditional dining still show up late. Having MTD will not cause people to be on time in traditional.

Hmmmm, if people who opt for traditional dining show up late with the new MTD they obviously have some issues :mad: Seriously, isn't that why the cruiselines are now offering options :confused:

###

Guess NCL will now have to change their ads with the other lines now giving their guests options. I always thought that those commercials were odd anyway. NCL had the edge in this area for a while but no longer and looking at that new F3 ship that they are building with the bathrooms split makes me wonder if they truly have anyone running that company that knows what they are doing.

Guess NCL will now have to change their ads with the other lines now giving their guests options. I always thought that those commercials were odd anyway. NCL had the edge in this area for a while but no longer and looking at that new F3 ship that they are building with the bathrooms split makes me wonder if they truly have anyone running that company that knows what they are doing.

Could you explain exactly what this is?

Could you explain exactly what this is?

On the new ship that NCL is building, the bathrooms will be split. The shower will be in a small room on one side of the cabin as soon as you walk in the door and the toilet will be on the other in a small room. The sink will be located in the cabin itself.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2579

While I prefer traditional dining..and have never had an issue of being there on time, I respect that others need longer to get ready or whatever the case is. What I will have an issue with is should RC use the regular tables as part of the My-Time dining and there are people seated at our table when we arrive or delaying our seating because of My Time folks, then I would let RC know that all is not well with their decision.

Warren and Yvonne

Rest easy, that's not gonna happen. Traditional and My Time use different areas.

On the new ship that NCL is building, the bathrooms will be split. The shower will be in a small room on one side of the cabin as soon as you walk in the door and the toilet will be on the other in a small room. The sink will be located in the cabin itself.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2579

ewwww. I'd rather everyone brush their teeth and floss In The Bathroom...

My computer locks up when I try to read the first page of this thread. Anyone else have this problem?

Not just this thread.........I have been having my computer lock up on CC in general for several months.......no pattern.........just happens.......anytime of day, different threads.......wish I had an answer for you.

I for one would like to try the My Time Dining and see if RCI gets it done any better than my only other experience on Caribbean Princess which was not a good experience.:(

Presently I have a reservation booking on Mariner for next April..can I call the RCI agent and request My Time Dining? Will they know what I am talking about:D or is it too early to do this?

I for one would like to try the My Time Dining and see if RCI gets it done any better than my only other experience on Caribbean Princess which was not a good experience.:(

Presently I have a reservation booking on Mariner for next April..can I call the RCI agent and request My Time Dining? Will they know what I am talking about:D or is it too early to do this?

Emmy, it may be too early but it may also be worth checking out. When I called for the Freedom, they transferred me to the "My Time" dining department to sign up and authorize the pre paid gratuities.

Emmy, it may be too early but it may also be worth checking out. When I called for the Freedom, they transferred me to the "My Time" dining department to sign up and authorize the pre paid gratuities.

So if you choose My Time Dining you have to pre pay the gratuities and are invoiced for them before you cruise is this correct?

When is your Freedom sailing?

At this time I have not transferred to a TA but often the one I do transfer to pays the gratuities..I would imagine it would just go as a shipboard credit if that happens.

So if you choose My Time Dining you have to pre pay the gratuities and are invoiced for them before you cruise is this correct?

When is your Freedom sailing?

At this time I have not transferred to a TA but often the one I do transfer to pays the gratuities..I would imagine it would just go as a shipboard credit if that happens.

They add them to your invoice and you pay at the time final payment is due or that is how we are set up to do it.

We sail on November 2nd of this year.:):)

They add them to your invoice and you pay at the time final payment is due or that is how we are set up to do it.

We sail on November 2nd of this year.:):)

Thank You ~ :)

My DH and I had MyTime Dining on the Brilliance TA on 4/14/08 and we loved it! Right after boarding, we went to the maitre'd and asked if we could have a table for two every night of the cruise at 7:30 PM. He said yes we could, but it would not necessarily be the same table every night. We said that was fine, and that was exactly what happened. Some of our tables were better located than others, but we didn't care since we were very happy to have dinner by ourselves and at the time we wanted. We signed a paper to prepay the gratuities and everything went very smoothly. We hope to be able to have MyTime on our next RCL cruise.

[quote name='macpiper;14531171

The best part' date=' aside from the flexibility of dining times every night (they take your reservation for the following night as you are enjoying your dessert), is that it allows both those who want traditional dining to choose traditional as well as those who are going to have a different schedule each day the opportunity via My Time to be flexible. It is all about choices and the option of MyTime dining provides that.[/size']

We had absolutely no downsides at all nor did we meet anyone who did. And as a group the My Time diners were thrilled with their service every night.

Can’t say it enough ways that My Time was absolutely fantastic!

What happens with going to the shows? Are the times still set for the traditional diners?

What happens with going to the shows? Are the times still set for the traditional diners?

Yes. The show times are still set for traditional dining.

We just adjusted our dinner times each night to whether we wanted to see the show and what time we wanted to see it. Just another example of the flexibility and ease of MTD!:)

We were on the cruise with Lori and Russ. Although we chose traditional seating, we heard very good comments about it throughout the cruise. We had Anytime at Christmas on the Dawn Princess and it worked exceptionally well. We never had to wait and we never made a reservation. We always had excellent tables at the window or very near it. I am sure with a little testing and planning it can come across as a success. It looks like if you glean the best it will be an option that will last.

The way everyone applauded and yelled when people were asked about MyTime Dining, it was obvious it was a success.

Lori and Russ: was nice to spend those two weeks with you! I'm ready to do more cruising.... ;)

CV Bill

I agree with MacPiper. I was on the Serenade in the next leg of the repo, from San Francisco to Vancouver, and I also chose My Time dining. As Macpiper said, Ernest and Christine were superb. I never waited more than about 2 minutes for a table, and most often there was no wait at all, even when i had not reserved the night before. On Serenade, the My Time dining area is separate from the traditional area (it's one half of the 5th deck section of Reflections dining room), so there are dedicated staff serving just the MTD section. If you want to reserve every night for the same time, you can do that, or choose a different time every night. While you perhaps don't get to bond with one group of people for the entire cruise, you meet a lot of new people, and you do get re-paired with some people too. And nothing stops you from deciding with people that you like to reserve and show up at the same time, and get seated together. I did that a few times. A couple of nights I joined some friends at their traditional dining table, and that was no problem either (yes, I did remember to tip that tables waiters for the time I was there at the end of the cruise).

My Time on RCCL gets 5+ stars from me.

Archived