Anchorage - Whittier Transfer END OF SEASON!

TenerifeSharon

Just when I think that 99% of our plans are in order, that last 1% causes problems. I know there are various threads on Anchorage-Whittier transfers but none are helping with our problem.

We leave from Whittier on Diamond Princess (heading for Bangkok) on Sept. 20th. At that point in the season, there are few alternatives for us to get from Anchorage to Whittier. The AK Railroad's last trip is on Sept. 15, the Alaskan Leopard ditto. I'm waiting to hear from Magic Bus. An Avis one-way rental will be $232. Is the only alternative getting back to the airport and taking the Princess shuttle? Does ANYONE (AKSusan?? Chenega??) have any other suggestion for me? It's a long walk with luggage:rolleyes:. (It's a long walk even without luggage.)

Thanks to all of you for your great help - I knew I'd get some fast answers from fellow CCers.

Chilkoot - I need to think in "simpler" terms when googling. I tried everything from: Anchorage Whittier transfer, cruise transfer etc. etc. Whittier Shuttle was the perfect one to use.

And, in between, I also had an answer from The Magic Bus and we can take that without any problem. i guess I went into panic mode when The Alaskan Leopard responded that their season ends on Sept. 15, as does the AK Railroad.

Glad to know that we won't have to walk, after all -- or pay $232 for a one-way rental.

Thanks again, all.:)

Archived