Beaches in walking distance? - Grand Cayman & Cozumel

Good Evening!

I was wondering if someone who has been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel can tell me if I can walk to a nice beach from where the boat docks or do I need to book an excursion or plan to take a cab? If a cab is a good choice, how much money should I expect to pay and it would be helpful to know the name of the beach you recommend. Thank you!

There are buses and they are cheap--any beach along the area to the left of the port is great! (I think we went to Sea Grape Beach)--at any rate, ALL of the public access areas have all the facilities: restrooms, food, drink, rental of chairs, umbrellas, watersport equip..... I think it was about $3.00 per person to get there. Easy. When you get off the tender, there will be a bunch of buses/cabs waiting.

In Grand Cayman . . . Seven Mile Beach is a very popular and (IMHO)one of the prettiest beaches. There are many Bars/Restaurants located on the beach as well as water toy arentals & Beach chairs. The waters are a magnificent turquoise blue & very calm, and the sand soft & white.

Because this is such a popular beach, you're very likely to find others standing by the taxis just off your gangway who are also going to this beach. Suggest sharing the cab ride. (if you don't, the taxi driver will).

If you taxi "solo" you should expect to pay $10-15USD each way.

Enjoy!

Annie

We also went to seagrape beach and while we found it to be a really nice beach it was very busy, i think there were 5 cruise ships in port that day:eek: .

and although there were many familys there i didnt think it was a family-freindly beach 2-4ft of water before a sheer drop of about 2-3ft

We started to walk along the main road towards the main public beach when the bus just stopped and picked us up. When returning to the ship give yourself plenty time to get back as the buses fill up very fast and they pack as many people in as they can (12-15 in a bus).

We went to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. I don't remember the taxi fare, but it was a little farther out, which the taxi driver recommended with 9 ships in port that day. I had also heard of this place when I was searching on the internet. While I heard about crowds at other beaches, we had the whole end of the beach between us and two other families. We also had a free umbrella table and a waiter standing by to wait on us hand and foot. It was clean and the food was OK, but the ice cream was great! There aren't really any public beaches near any of the three piers that I noticed. There are taxis lined up everywhere.

Archived