Flowers and Customs...

I'm currently planning my wedding in Bermuda for May 09. I'm curious about bringing my flowers back home. My mother loves to dry the flowers for each occasion and do really nice decorative glass containers for us. I'd love for her to be able to do this with my wedding flowers. Is it possible to get them back into the US through customs? Or since we're in Bermuda for 2 days, would I have to mail them back to myself?

I've searched and searched and still can't find the answer. Hoping another beach bride can help me!!

Thanks in advance

Cattie~

Hi

I don't know if each cruise line may have its own rules, but I know on our cruise line (Disney) we were not allowed to bring any flowers off the ship unless they originated from the US.

Hence we were able to keep the red roses we were given on Valentines night in the Palo restaurant, but I know I would not have been able to take off with me a fresh bridal bouquet from Grand Cayman...if I'd had one. This was one of the reaons I opted for artificial flowers.:)

I was told that I couldn't bring my flowers home so I left them in the room : (

When we were waiting outside of customs I noticed a few people who had arrangements with them. I know you can't bring them back from outside of the U.S. so perhaps these folks got their flowers on the ship? Although I don't know how that would be proved..

We had our wedding on the ship, with flowers provided - I wasn't sure if I could bring mine home or not, but I figured at worst they would have me get rid of them. I had no problems taking them off the ship and through customs.

You could try wrapping them in tissue paper and gently packing them in your suitcase. They may not be noticed.

But that's not the point. There is a reason you are not allowed to bring flowers/produce, etc. back into the US from some countries. You would also have to lie on your customs form. Not worth it.

I pressed a rose from my bouquet and my husbands boutonierre in a book (inside an envelope) and brought it home that way. I figured I would probably end up throwing the bouqet away anyway (it was fading after 1 week) so I figured this would be a good way to have a remembrance.

Archived