Do You Go In The Pools?

Our last cruise a family of about 10 camped out right next to one of the hot tubs and never moved. They were always in it, so no one else could get in. Even if they got there late; they found lounge chairs and put them down right in the immediate area, The only good thing was that they had two 20 year old hotties to gaze at.;)

on my 6th cruise was the first time I have ever used the pools or h0t-tubs..................I used them on port days..when most of the ship had left to go ashore...we were in San Juan....I had been there before.....I went off the ship.....replinished my liquor supply and got back on ship in 20 minutes............stayed in hot-tub or pool the whole time.......there were very few people who came and went.................I should have done this on the other cruises but will do it this year.............

Now Fred don't go scaring the nice tourists away from San Diego. We want MORE cruise ships here. *grins*

*wonders how long it will be till the is the water in San Diego safe to swim in posts pop up*

That shark attack in San Diego was a fluke, the guy a vet, was swimming with a full wet suit in our cold water and the shark thought he was a seal and took a sample bite. Discovered only muscle and rubber and spit him out. The sad thing is it was a HUGE shark. Poor man, such a sad story.

I have lived here my whole life and can remember only one other story regarding a shark. Me I dislike the cold water here unless it is late summer so I avoid the ocean. Cruising got me spoiled.

Nancy

We were on the Triumph last year, and we went in the pool by the slide, to cool off. We were hot from laying in the sun.

These pools aren't very big, and they can get real crowded. Some kid kept jumping in, and of course splashing. Salt water in the eyes isn't good. Plus I wear contacts. I didn't want to rub my eyes with hands that were in salt water. It sucked. I couldn't open my eyes.:o

We don't normally make in the hot tubs either, because they're usually too busy. People tend to camp out, and don't give anybody else a chance!:mad:

Yep, we alternate between the pool and the water slide to cool off. I'm not real comfortable with the hot tubs. We see too many people drinking beer and staying in them way to long. Also on our last cruise, dw and I were up early, 0530, watching the sun come up. There was a couple in one of the hot tubs soaking and moaning at the same time.:eek:

You people are killing me tonight!! LOL!!

Gah! Ew, you kids need to get your minds out of the gutters!! :eek:

Hee hee ... floating chocolate bars, beer filtration, 'soaking and moaning'?!?!?!

I guess people use the water of a cruise ship for many, many things! :D

I don't think that this thread makes me want to jump into the pool ... and it definitely makes me think twice about the hot tubs, too!

rofl

Never been in the ships pools or hot tubs for obvious reasons. I have both at home.

we were on a cruise in february, and they refill the pools everyday I believe.....so they were cold. You could get in and they were fairly empty, but it was very difficult to go any further than thigh deep. Certain areas were not too happy with the water temp. I tried once and then optioned to the hot tub.

What is the reasoning behind them draining and refilling the pools each night? Do they not have filters or chemicals? Hope they don't get the refill water from the same place where the toliets drain!;)

I said I would never even bother with the pool before I went on the cruise but that changed oh about 5 minutes into getting on the ship. :cool:

I never once got in the main pool. It was just too crazy busy and LOUD. I LOVED the adults only aft pool on the Lido Deck. There were a few times it was really busy but there were other times there were only like three people in there. Same with the hot tubs too!

I'm with Carly, I spend the majority of my time on the aft deck and use those pools/hot tubs. The Fantasy had a hot tub on the aft, the Holiday doesn't. Still, on Holiday, spent plenty of time in the Lido hot tubs.

The coolest was being in the hot tub on the Fantasy during an impending storm. The wind was wicked, cold rain splattering down. Freezing outside but toasty in the tub. And, we were the only two in it! Go figure..lol!

I avoid the Lido pool like the plague. Too crowded and too many kiddies. I've done my time at the kiddie pool :D .

Donna

I only enter the pool to cool off from sunbathing.....and, stay near the "adult" area when there is one.

I agree there are usually too many people in the pool...and I don't begrudge that. It's good to see people and families enjoying themselves and being together. I am just looking for a quieter experience now that all my kids are grown and off on their own.....HA!

• 2 weeks later...
Our last cruise a family of about 10 camped out right next to one of the hot tubs and never moved. They were always in it, so no one else could get in. Even if they got there late; they found lounge chairs and put them down right in the immediate area, The only good thing was that they had two 20 year old hotties to gaze at.;)

:eek: John, you are incorrigible!!!! How are you guys??? Missing the ship as much as I am? Dreaming about the pool and beach at Nachi? What a great time we had! Audrey and I are debating on going again next April - the Liberty again, leaving Miami on April 18th. Have you and Robin planned a next cruise? Say hi to Robin and the kids. and hey, keep in touch - nobody has kept the roll call going. I was hoping we could keep chatting thru that format. anyway, you probably will never even see this message :p . Take care.

I haven't been in a ship's pool since my children were little. That was in the early 90's.

Princess and HAL have freshwater pools. I think HAL has both, I just remember my kids going in the freshwater pool in alaska on the veendam.

I also think it is better that the slides on carnival now don't end up in the pool. We used to have to be in the pool to catch the kids as they came off the slide so the adults who couldn't wait their turn didn't land on them.

Archived