wine in luggage

I know I have seen this post before but can not seem to relocate it...Question: what is the best way to bring wine on board? Box or bottle? Would love to have a bit of cheer in our room while getting ready for the evening. Thanks!!:confused: :cool:

:D We wrap bottles in bubble wrap and carry on in either a small wheeled carry on or beach bag, according to how many which is determined by length of cruise.:) I don't believe I would put them in luggage given to porters.:cool: Since normally you can carry on as much wine as you want there are no problems. We even take some to dining room and pay the corkage fee as we want to drink what we like. Still usually save money over what ship would charge for same wine.:eek: NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING ON A CRUISE SHIP WITH A DRINK. WINE, COCKTAIL, OR BEER WILL DO!!!!!!!!!:p

:D We wrap bottles in bubble wrap and carry on in either a small wheeled carry on or beach bag, according to how many which is determined by length of cruise.:) I don't believe I would put them in luggage given to porters.:cool: Since normally you can carry on as much wine as you want there are no problems. We even take some to dining room and pay the corkage fee as we want to drink what we like. Still usually save money over what ship would charge for same wine.:eek: NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING ON A CRUISE SHIP WITH A DRINK. WINE, COCKTAIL, OR BEER WILL DO!!!!!!!!!:p

I thought the limit is one bottle per person

Depends on how much wine you want to bring aboard. Now its one 750 ml bottle that is allowed. So you can brazenly (lol) carry on one bottle per pax. Extras put in your suitcase, carefully wrapped in case the suitcase is throw around.

Carnival changed to one 750 ml bottle per pax last year so some people are still quoting old allowances.

Did not know Carnival had a limit on wine carried aboard at embarkation.:confused: Carried 5 bottles on the Conquest but that was 3 years ago. Have also carried that many or more on Princess and HAL in last year and half with no problems. :p We WILL pack it if necessary as we WILL have wine to enjoy w/o their high prices.:cool: Plastic bag wrapped in bubble wrap does work fine as when we fly I have to tote TAB for my DW as she does not drink any other soda and not always easy to fine.:eek: You remember the original diet soda in the pink can.

Yes they do have alimit on one PP. It varies if they inforce it. So, you can take two (if a couple) on and bubble wrap the rest and put in 2 1/2 gal zip lock bags. Or carry on the two and take a bos of wine in checked. I did the bottle/box thing on one and it worked great.

I wrap my wine and beer in bubble wrap and a beach towel and send it thru with the checked luggage. We have never had a problem and never had one broken. This last time I took the small bottles (1 1/2 glass per bottle) because I am the only wine drinker and that was the best way for me and I am planning on doing the same in June. You will then have space in that luggage to bring home goodies. It's sorta like taking an extra suitcase.

Archived