New Menus?

gazingm42

we were not fans of the dinning room food on the imagination.

My wife noticed the menu seemed different, and the food was not as good in the dinning room (we actually skipped nights which is something we tend not to do). On the flip side, the Lido deck was great

[quote name='HUNNY BUN']Oh, how sad!!:( It's a tradition for me to have my escargot on a cruise. We'll be on the Valor in 2 weeks, and I sure hope they have a few snails laying around that they can fix for me!![/quote]
Just got off the Glory. They have escargots, and the beef wellington. The lobster and shrimp (3 entrees) were excellent, as were the short ribs. Head waiter recommended we not get any of the beef/steaks other than the ribs and beef wellington, as the others were either tough or too much fat left on the meat.

[quote name='Jsme']I have never been forced but it seems to be a huge deal to have the Baked Alaska. I do not get it or even like the dessert. If they still did the flame at the table it would be interesting but I have not seen that done in 16 years, grant it we did take a sabatical from cruising for 10 years. lol

I am on the Senation (Fantasy Class) this weekend. I will see if they have any new menus and I will take pictures if they do have anything new.

We will be on the Pride in November. If it has been changed I would love to see a new menu for them and also for their (David's) Supper Club.[/QUOTE]

It could always be worse, could be Poi. Is it not strange that the 49th and 50th states ave the association of worse deserts.

[quote name='Snoopyto']It could always be worse, could be Poi. Is it not strange that the 49th and 50th states ave the association of worse deserts.[/quote]

OMG, thanks so much for the laugh. I needed that.

[quote name='Wennfred']Baked Alaska is different now, it served inside of a glass. Wendy and her mom didnt like it.

Fred[/QUOTE]

Part of the Bake Alaska experience was when they would flame it and mach
around the diner with the large flames. But due to safety of the ship that
is gone. So it just to take the "spark" out of the dessert!

Our baked Alaska was served on a regular small dessert plate, not a bowl. I would imagine the bowl would kinda ruin the presentation? I am not particularly fond of it - just like the "frosting" around it. (meringue) When we sailed on Disney, they made a big thing about the baked Alaska nite - dining room was darkened, and flaming baked Alaskas were marched in by waiters holding them high. Pretty cool - but it didn't change the fact I still don't like it too much! Believe it or not, the sugarless cakes/pies were pretty good- but, then again, I am not much of a dessert eater. Would rather have appetizers than dessert. The ribs, however, were very tender and tasty. And don't get me started on the bitter and blanc - delicious!

We were on Fantasy Apr 28-May 3 and were very disappointed with the food. I ordered the Filet and Beef Wellington two different nights and found it to be so tough I couldn't eat it. In fact some in our party ordered hamburger last two nights because food was so awful. FYI hamburger ordered in the dining room was great. It's a shame you have to resort to eating hamburgers in a formal dining room.

This was a huge disappointment since I enjoyed food on the Conquest (2006) very much. We didn't have a bad meal once on that curise.

Sorry to be so down on this, but we were so disappointed with this that I am unsure about our next cruise coming up in Sept. Sure hope Victory is a huge improvement.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if they still have the smoked slamon on the Conquest? That is my absolute favorite appetizer!:)

I believe the usual smoked salmon appetizer has been replaced with some sort of cured salmon and candied tomato thing? So far reports are not positive - but I am willing to try it! :p

Otherwise I will need to be getting my smoked salmon fix at the deli or room service or dining room breakfast!

The kitchen can do special requests. On my last cruise, someone (or a table) requested an apple pie for the next evening. The pie was made for them, and they didn't show up to eat it. The waiters were going around with the slices offering it to anyone who wanted it.

how stinkin rude! like the pastry chef has extra time in his/her day!

Mary Anne

I believe the usual smoked salmon appetizer has been replaced with some sort of cured salmon and candied tomato thing? So far reports are not positive - but I am willing to try it! :p

Otherwise I will need to be getting my smoked salmon fix at the deli or room service or dining room breakfast!

I liked it. And you can still get all you can eat smoked salmon at tea time (sea days)

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

I'll be on the Pride in July. How will I know if the new menus will be served on my cruise? And, don't pinch me for this, but am I the only one who thinks that "Baked Alaska" is so yesterday. They always try to force that on you the night it is served, and it just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, years ago it used to be a big deal when they would turn down the lights and march in with the flaming baked Alaska's, but of course they don't do that anymore.

No kidding...all I wanted that night was chocolate...and my waiter made such a big deal of his "surprise dessert" for us...now I know...order what I want, and let him serve me both!

Mary Anne

There was no lack of smoked salmon at breakfast, dinner or tea time on Splendor. The breakfast menu hasn't changed in a while.

There was also escargot a couple of different ways.

For current menus and food pictures:

Thanks for the links. I don't even have a cruise planned, but I have gone through each day and picked out what I would have ordered.

I'm not the only one that does that, right?

There was no lack of smoked salmon at breakfast, dinner or tea time on Splendor. The breakfast menu hasn't changed in a while.

There was also escargot a couple of different ways.

For current menus and food pictures:

Love your pictures! Especially the fighting prawns (shrimp)!!! LOL

Oh, HereIam, I go through the menus many times before cruising, and even when I don't have a trip planned!

Fortunately, now I do - Elation this Saturday - 3 days!!! :D So to figure out the menu for a 5-day, how should I read the above links - part of the 8-day? The 3-day plus.... (Of course I'll be reading all the menus picking my favorites....)

Oh, HereIam, I go through the menus many times before cruising, and even when I don't have a trip planned!

Fortunately, now I do - Elation this Saturday - 3 days!!! :D So to figure out the menu for a 5-day, how should I read the above links - part of the 8-day? The 3-day plus.... (Of course I'll be reading all the menus picking my favorites....)

I would focus on the first 5 days of the 12 day menus, but the order could be switched and even the actual menus, depending on available of ingredients.

Archived