IMO that tag has definitely been messed with, but after reading the details of the description and the seller's feedback, and the price, I'd take a chance on it. I have well over 100 buying transactions on ebay and even tho' someone has 99.8 or 99.6 or whatever, you have to take into consideration how many total they have, sometimes they'll have thousands of positives and it just takes one jerk to leave an unwarranted negative comment to ruin the perfect score. Sometimes ppl get caught up in the heat of bidding and don't read all the fine print and get mad when something is not what they expected, so they rush to leave neg feedback rather than try to work something out with the seller. That seller is a powerseller with a pretty much great reputation. So it appears that the tag was detached and reattached-kinda stinks that they weren't honest about it if that's the case, but it's still a bargain compared to what the price could be!

Enjoy your new find!

So glad others saw the same thing with the tags that I did . . . I'm just hoping maybe they got pulled off on accident or something. *sigh* The auction did say something about that all items are guaranteed brand new unless otherwise noted and this was definitely advertised as new with tags and they offer a double-money back guarantee on authenticity, so we'll see . . .

The only problem I have had with a formal I bought on ebay was that somewhere between leaving for my cruise (and the formal fit) and the last formal night of the cruise when I TRIED to zip it up, some how it shrank. :eek: Just hanging in the closet, it shrank. Must have been the sea air. :rolleyes: Could not have been as a result of all I ate. :D

The only problem I have had with a formal I bought on ebay was that somewhere between leaving for my cruise (and the formal fit) and the last formal night of the cruise when I TRIED to zip it up, some how it shrank. :eek: Just hanging in the closet, it shrank. Must have been the sea air. :rolleyes: Could not have been as a result of all I ate. :D

LOL I've been worried about the same thing happening . . . told DH last night that now that I've got the dress, I better make sure not to gain or lose and weight - I tried it on in the store and the size I got it in fits perfect, so no wiggle room either way!! Looks like no Mexican food for me between now and September!! ;)

That's why I always take 2 kinds of formals, the form fitting one for the first formal night and one with some "give" for the second.:D

Crusing On My Mind

Please come back and let us know if you're happy when the dress arrives.

I would never buy from anyone with a 97% feedback rating. I pretty much won't buy from them unless they are 99.5% or higher. I also read their feedback to get a feel for why they got negative feedback. There can always be extenuating circumstances. The buyer needs to be proactive when considering buying from a seller by throroughly reading the listing and also reading the feedback and asking any pertinent questions before bidding.

That dress is gorgeous! At that price, I would definitely take a chance. I've always been pleased with the bargains I've gotten on ebay. Please let us know how it turns out, I'm hoping the dress is in perfect condition when you get it.

LOL I've been worried about the same thing happening . . . told DH last night that now that I've got the dress, I better make sure not to gain or lose and weight - I tried it on in the store and the size I got it in fits perfect, so no wiggle room either way!! Looks like no Mexican food for me between now and September!! ;)

I wouldn't worry about the tag. I buy stuff occaisionally from the BCBG Max Azria outlet store and have often gotten beat up tags.

BTW the seller called themselves "Mr Haney's" and was a power seller on Ebay with 97% positive feedback...

97% positive fb is horrible. Never, NEVER buy from a seller with less than 99.5. And flying the PowerSeller flag is NO guarantee that you're dealing with a stellar seller.

And also, just to offer anyone who cares a little eBay shopping tip, if you are ever worried or unsure about a particular seller, you can go to www(dot)toolhaus(dot)org and enter the sellers ID and see ALL negative & neutral fb both left for them and given by them. It's a very good tool.

97% positive fb is horrible. Never, NEVER buy from a seller with less than 99.5. And flying the PowerSeller flag is NO guarantee that you're dealing with a stellar seller.

And also, just to offer anyone who cares a little eBay shopping tip, if you are ever worried or unsure about a particular seller, you can go to www(dot)toolhaus(dot)org and enter the sellers ID and see ALL negative & neutral fb both left for them and given by them. It's a very good tool.

You know that may be true and I should not have-but I was more upset with Paypal who would not honor their backing tha tif w epruchased through them and did not receive a package that we would get a refund from Paypal.

I know I got burned too. I got a faulty LCD screen for my laptop and when it didn't work I contacted the seller.They gave me the return info and I returned it as per their instructions. When I didn't hear anything and didn't get a refund within a week I checked them out. Well it turns out the seller didn't exist. It was a woman's profile and I was able to get a phone number but it wasn't connected and most of my emails came back undeliverable. I submitted claims with paypal and Ebay for false contact info, not honoring the refund, recieving the refund and not crediting my account. Ebay and Paypal did NOTHING!!

I finally got a message through via ebay's message system and threatened to involve the police in their state. THAT is when I got a phone call from a MAN who told me that the user with the profile on ebay used to be his employee and that he was the one who handled the account, but he couldn't have two accounts, so he used her name. Then it took a bunch of back and forth to get him to refund the money. He kept telling me I had to retract my neg. feedback before he gave me my refund and I kept telling him that that was illegal as it was never posted in the refund policy. Finally after I threatened to involve his local authorities to report his fraud (namely the account in someone elses name, but also the fraudulent phone number and address he provided with that name, and the fact that he acknowledged reciept of the return and that I had done it all by his terms and he STILL was keeping my money) he told me I would have my money by the end of the next business day so I could retract my feedback. REALLY, you still want me to change it BEFORE I get my money. I got it and he kept his negative feedback with a follow up that I only got my money by threatening to involve authorities.

Moral of the story, in general hope for the best but be prepared to fight if it comes to that!

Clear up: I contacted him Via ebay and threatened to involve police. THEN after I got him to call me in person I had to threaten AGAIN to report him before I got my money!

Archived