Help Please

I was on the VOS a few weeks ago and was interested in booking (onboard) a short 4 night Bahamas Cruise for September. I know you get better rates or perks while booking on board. Unfortunately, we tried several times to meet with the Loyalty Ambassador and all of her appointments were full.

When I returned home, I emailed C&A and asked if I could book now and still be elligable for whatever the perk was for booking on board (I explained the situation). I did not hear back, so I booked the cruie through the agent I used for Voyager.

Today, I just got a response back from C&A saything that in order to get the extra benefit, I would have had to book on line. They also said you no longer need to meet with the Loyalty Ambassador in order to recieve the onboard special pricing (this was new to me). He then explained something about a NextCruise Account, but I really did not get what he was trying to say. Has anyone heard of this and how exactly does it work? Thanks!!!

The Loyalty Ambassador on Voyager had an appointment book out on her desk for you to write in your name or cabin number for appointments at spedified days and times. It is very difficult to try to see the LA on any ship without an appointment. However, you can either find on or near their desk a Next Cruise form. If not, just quickly ask for one between appointments. You fill out the form and return to either their desk or a box designated for Next Cruise. The LA will send a confirmation with a booking number to your cabin. There is no special pricing, but the perk is that you get on board credit for the next cruise that you book. The Next Cruise does NOT require you to pick the ship and date at that time, and you only have to pay a $100 per person deposit. When you return home and make a decision, you simply contact RCI and convert your Next Cruise to the ship and date you want, and pay either the balance of the usual $250 pp deposit or in full. Then, if you book a 7 night cruise, you get $100 per cabin to spend on board. I think it is $50 for shorter cruises, and it is $150 longer cruises. Since you knew what you wanted to book, if you had made an appointment, you could simply have booked then and there and still have gotten your on board credit. Your booking form shows that credit when you book on the ship.

Archived