Anyone Have An Official List of RCCL's OBC Codes?

Chevy:

I'm with you....I am soooooo tired of having to arm wrestle with someone at the Purser's Desk because we didn't get all of the onboard credits we were suppposed to get. I LOVE RCCL, but even Carnival has never missed a beat no matter how many credits we are due.

They always want to know the credit code, and of course, we don't have it for many things. I've taken the email for stockholder credit and any other documentation I could get my grubby lil hands on, but some things just don't come with paperworkd (like sbc that your TA gives you).

I sure hope you get the codes!

I agree! They are a pain about this. Got a OBC for WOW of $200. It took forever to get it applied. Than is showed as $100 with a code. I called back as it was suppose to be $200. The person said it was a pp code and when I asked was ASSURED any RCCL employee would know it was pp. Got on the ship and was told "nope it is $100 per cabin." Took calls to the TA who had to call headquarters to clear it up.

how do you see your alloted credits prior to cruising for your reservation?? i cant see mine on the RCCL reservations page??:(

Yeah I've tried to talk to the resolution dept. and tell them they need to show more tranactions and credits and what not on the reservation page but they don't. Like I said earlier I had to fight them to get my fuel surcharge credit back as an OBC as they tried to refund to a credit card which I no longer have. They just sent me an invoice as soon as I hung up with them showing the OBC was added. My suggestion and what I"m actually going to do next week and print that out and take it to the ship with me. The first stop when we get on the ship will be pursers desk to get any confusion straightened out before we push off from the pier. I would also reccomend that you pick one person in the resolutino dept. at RCCL and ask them if its Ok to call them if you ever have an issue or need help. I've alwasy dealt w/ Sandra in the resolution dept. and she has helped me get things done when others couldn't figure stuff out.

You see them by asking RCC to email the latest copy of the confirmation invoice. The one I'm looking at from a cruise 3 weeks ago is version #16.

ADV1-$100 ONBRDCR (On board booking OBC)

C100-L1 OBC $50 ($50 PP OBC for 10,000 Royal Visa Points)

C2CD-L2 DISC 75PP ($150 room discount for 15,000 Royal Visa Points)

FUEL-FUEL SUPPL ($70.00 room discount for fuel charges)

HANG-Savings ($75.00 room discount C&A coupon)

SB06-$100 SGL OBC ($100 Stockholder OBC)

C10C-L1OBC $25PP ($50 OBC for 5,000 Royal Visa Points)

Hope this helps.

Yeah I've tried to talk to the resolution dept. and tell them they need to show more tranactions and credits and what not on the reservation page but they don't. Like I said earlier I had to fight them to get my fuel surcharge credit back as an OBC as they tried to refund to a credit card which I no longer have. They just sent me an invoice as soon as I hung up with them showing the OBC was added. My suggestion and what I"m actually going to do next week and print that out and take it to the ship with me. The first stop when we get on the ship will be pursers desk to get any confusion straightened out before we push off from the pier. I would also reccomend that you pick one person in the resolutino dept. at RCCL and ask them if its Ok to call them if you ever have an issue or need help. I've alwasy dealt w/ Sandra in the resolution dept. and she has helped me get things done when others couldn't figure stuff out.

Do you have Sandra direct #, or her main # ?? thanks

If there are no others to add, I'll review what we have so far and assemble a list. Looks like a list of prefixes will do it, since there is a pattern to the prefixes - with variations for the exact amount of the applicable OBC. That will give us a list of the codes so that if one is expecting an OBC for a Crown and Anchor benefit, it will be apparent on the booking invoice when it has been applied.;)

Will RCCL send this to you even if you booked with a TA? The invoice we get from the TA doesn't show it, but she did show us one invoice from RCCL. I just wondered if we could get them directly from RCCL..................

I book directly with RCCL, and they'll send out a booking invoice anytime I ask. They also send it out if I call in for a price drop. Never used a TA, but some friends did on a recent cruise and RCCL wouldn't talk to them directly. The friends ended up having to go through the travel agent for everything. They are now booking their own cruises.

From what I can tell, here's some of the common discount/OBC codes used on the booking invoices:

ADV = Advance Booking Credit

C = RCCL Visa Card Credit/Discount

D = C&A Diamond Level Pre-Cruise Benefit

HA = Savings Certificate for C&A

MX = Promo Booking OBC

P = C&A Platinum Level Pre-Cruise Benefit

From what I can tell, the prefix is followed by the amount of the discount/OBC, such as D200 would be a $200.00 pre-cruise benefit for a C&A diamond level member.

If anyone has any others, please let me know. In the meantime, you can do a cut and paste of this list and put it in your cruise information folder with your important cruise line information.

• 5 weeks later...

I just got my booked confirmation copy, I had to call RCL and ask them to send it to my TA showing my OBC. I could have let my TA handle that part, she is EXCELLENT!, but I did it over the weekend and just emailed her about what was coming. Because I'm booked thru a TA, RCL wouldn't send it to me directly.

Anyway, the 2 credits I'm seeing are:

ADV2-$200 ONBRDCR - this is for a 9 night cruise from us booking it as a next cruise - some of you have said this should only be $100 for a 9 nighter. We initially put $100 pp deposit on the next cruise so we're getting our whole deposit back as OBC!

C3OC-$125 OBC P-P - this is from cashing in RCL points, it's supposed to be a total of $250. Does anyone know if this code translates to $250? There are 4 of us on this booking so I don't think it's $125 per person.

To the OP, thank you for starting this post!

Thanks, Janet

I'm just guessing, but would think $125 pp might translate as $125 per person = $250 total?

If it were only the 2 of us on the booking, that would make sense, but since there are 4 on the booking, it seems a strange way to post it.

I went down this path about a month ago and was told the "default" is to divide it into the 2 primary names on the reservation, but you may want to call your travel agent just to have her check into it :) Mine was able to forward me the sheet from RCCL that shows the credit, just in case of any issues onboard (have had problems in the past getting various obc's).

Enjoy your cruise!

• 8 years later...