Laundry question

I hope this doesn't sound silly BUT, when I do my laundry I wash most of my clothes in cold water to prevent shrinking. Can this be requested on the Legend of the Seas? I will be on the 13 night cruise and will definitely want to use that service. Okay.... everyone can stop laughing now! hee hee

Thanks for helping me! Diane :)

I hope this doesn't sound silly BUT, when I do my laundry I wash most of my clothes in cold water to prevent shrinking. Can this be requested on the Legend of the Seas? I will be on the 13 night cruise and will definitely want to use that service. Okay.... everyone can stop laughing now! hee hee

Actually, YES!!!

Just write it on the slip...in BOLD!

BILL

Actually, YES!!!

Just write it on the slip...in BOLD!

BILL

If the previous poster thought you were laughing - I am wondering if there is any chance you could also request that something not be put in the dryer and be hung to dry? If not, I will just have to bring MORE clothes. That would be a horrible thought except it requires MORE SHOPPING!

I see that you are from York, me too! Where abouts?

• 2 weeks later...

Washing in warm water won't shrink your clothes as much as the "HOT" dryer will, which they use to dry your clothes.

If I'm sending in an article of clothing that I suspect will be ruined by a hot dryer, I choose to have it dry cleaned rather than washed. It costs a bit more $1-2 per article, but well worth it to not lose the clothing.

We'll be on Legend in October for 13 nights, I've read that the longer cruises have a laundry special mid-cruise, something like $20-25 for a bag. I think it's intended for things like T-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas, robes. I'll use that option for my husbands things.

I've done 13 and 14 night cruises and NEVER sent anything to the laundry. I don't trust 'em.

I have a lot of quick-dry travel clothing that I use exclusively for cruising. When I need to, I wash it out in the sink, and hang it to dry. My stateroom looks like Hop Sing's Laundry some days - but at least it doesn't get mangled or lost in the ship's laundry.

Nobody cares for your stuff like you do!

I've got to say that I sympathize not only with the Op's question, but also with other concerns that have been raised. But I have to also say that across the board we've been more than satisfied with the performance of the ship laundrys we use. We don't really send out much to be washed, but we always use the press-service and occasionally some dry-cleaning. Probably 1/2 to 2/3 of what we pack goes out on first day for pressing. They do a great job.

I would agree that you have to be choosy what you pack and what laundry process you subject it to in the first place if you're concerned about damage.

If I'm sending in an article of clothing that I suspect will be ruined by a hot dryer, I choose to have it dry cleaned rather than washed. It costs a bit more $1-2 per article, but well worth it to not lose the clothing.

We'll be on Legend in October for 13 nights, I've read that the longer cruises have a laundry special mid-cruise, something like $20-25 for a bag. I think it's intended for things like T-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas, robes. I'll use that option for my husbands things.

They also had that special day option on the Freedom's 7 night cruise.

For those hoping to not have faded or shrunk clothes, I'd recommend the dry cleaning option.

Commercial dryers are way too hot and the washers often ruin unique buttons, etc.

I sometimes wear things outer clothes more than once (on cool weather cruises, that is) and do my own laundry or just take enough clothes to last me the whole cruise.

Archived