Question Checking in family in 6 cabins

I am taking my children and grandchildren on the Eurodam Thanksgiving cruise Nov 22, 2008. We have 6 cabins grouped aft on the Navigation deck.

One is a SB deluxe veranda suite but the others are either VA or inside cabins.

Will we be able to all check in at the same place where the SB cabin checks in ? We have children booked with parents to satisfy the "one adult in each cabin" requirement but we will want to put the kids in the inside cabins and the married couples together in the VAs. It would help if we could get the ID cards that serve as room keys properly matched with the individuals who actually are in the cabins.

Is this possible?

I can answer the second part of your question.

Yes, it's quite easy to get the cabin keys re-assigned to the right people---and they will want to do that so the correct faces come up when leaving/reboarding the ship in ports. They won't want to simply switch keys among themselves.

After checking in and boarding, the families involved should go to the front desk and have the adjustments made. The parents can even get themselves an extra key to the kids' cabins.

The people in the "SB" cabin do not have to go to the suite line. You can all go together to any of the available lines other than the one for suiten guests.

What a wonderful holiday you are sure to all have. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info - I am glad that we won't have to switch keys to get to bed at night.

I was hoping we could handle it when we checked in, but I guess we will have to wait until we are on board.

Assuming the setup is the same as Celebrity, on our last cruise my friend actually had 4 "keys" for cabins.

With the whole thing electronic, you'd think they could instead recode your ONE key so that it opened all four doors. Surely the computer could manage that.

Archived