Guarantee Cabin Assignment

Suzij11

Pros and Cons? I'd like to hear.. I am a past guest on CCL; however, others aren't (who are crusing with me).. so I decided to forgo the free upgrade (4A to 4F) and get guarantee's and hope that we are on the same level (that is what the PVP said) and that we get a good cabin assignment.

Thoughts..............

if you want to be together, I would book it that way. Do you care if you are looking down into a life boat? Or under the pool deck? or worse? If one family member is aft and one is forward?

with most carnival ships the cabins are the same size. So, an upgrade would be to the level higher. to me, that isnt an upgrade. An upgrade TO ME, is a bigger and better cabin. With a bigger and better view. :)

Some people love to book this way and have some great stories about upgrades, but if you are in a group, I dont understand taking the chance of everyone being scattered all over the ship. I am going on a carnival cruise to be with family members. They have booked guarantee's. :rolleyes: I'm bummed we wont all be together when there is plenty of room available to book this way. Oh well, we are on the same ship.:cool:

I agree with CCLETZGO if you want to stay together you should book specific cabins when booking the cruise. A guarantee is a shot in the dark as to your assignment. Hope your TA is right about the location of the cabins. Good luck.

I have never booked a guarantee until I did so for this upcoming cruise, and I'm very, very unhappy. From so many glowing reports on the great upgrades by booking Gty, I thought I'd give it a shot. Never again. I've found that my cabin is a teeny weeny inside of an inside - no upgrade....but that's my own fault for not going the usual route of booking a specific cabin of my choosing.:rolleyes: Live and learn.

Now about the several cabins - my son and some friends booked two Gty OV cabins for December. The PVP assured him they would be in the same general area (same deck, close proximity to each other).....I sure hope so. And, when booking, if the names are 'linked', supposedly if one is upgraded, the others should be, as well, according to my PVP. I know the dining times/tables, if linked, will be together.

I booked thru Carnival PVP and he linked our traveling companions with ours. I booked a balcony Gty . Were upgraded to Lido Deck on our recent cruise on the Triumph. Friends were in cabin right next to ours. Lucky --Maybe , but I'm guessing that the PVP did the proper booking to keep us together. Can't imagine something like that can happen unless PVP links reservation together.

Two cruises ago my TA picked my cabin and it turned out to be right by the anchor. No sleeping in for us! So last cruise I went with a gty BL. This guareenteed me an 8A and I ended up with a 8E. Very happy. So, this next cruise I went with a BL again.

With all this said, I am not in my room that much and as long as it is safe and clean, not much else matters to me. If you have more criteria, you might want to consider by passing the gamble and going with a sure thing.

Our friends and us booked a balcony gty for the Triumph for this November. We asked to be kept close and we were "linked", meaning if one got upgraded so did the other. We both got upgraded to an 8B and are beside each other. We're mid-ship. Looks like a great location -- a deck of rooms above and a deck below us.

We booked guarantees as a "group" within a group cruise... 4 cabins... we are all on the main deck, but scattered, not very close... Also, I am assuming since we were part of a large group, that is the reason we didn't get a great upgrade... Cruise has been sold out since May... it doesn't always work out, but as long as I'm on the ship, I'm a happy girl :D

I'm a happy girl

And when GC's happy, everybodies happy! :)

I booked gty for my upcoming cruise, with no intention of being upgraded. As long as I can squeeze in at least a couple hours of sleep each night between things I'll be happy no matter which level im on! I have put in a formal request to have a rollaway and my pillows located on the lido deck so I dont have to leave!

I booked a gtee 8a balcony for my November cruise on the Triumph and just found out Sunday we were upgraded to and 8e. Thats been my only experience with gtee's, most other times I book a specific cabin.

Maybe we just got lucky....

Happy Cruising!! Kimjoe

Archived