Sunset Veranda Rooms- Journey

jenhem

Hi, has anyone stayed in these rooms in the aft section ?? On the balcony, I'd like to know how the view is sitting down. I noticed in the other balcony rooms, the view is basically unobstructed but in the Sunset Veranda rooms, it's the back of the boat with a railing in place. Will I be able to sit on the balcony as we leave port and watch the scenery go by, or do you need to stand to see?? I'm booked in room 7116 for the April 25th Mediterranean cruise next year. Thanks, Jenny

Sorry, Shari, beg to differ.

Jenny -

Have sailed in #6090 and #6093 on Regatta twice and (last month) on the Quest. On Oceania and their lower 'lounger' chairs it is difficult to see much while sitting down, but on Azamara with their straight back chairs one can easily look through the gap between the solid lower part and the wooden hand rail. My DW is just about five feet tall (short?) and she had no problems enjoying the view while being seated. See picture below.

We usually tune the TV to the bridge camera to see what's coming up for us to see. Enjoy.

IMGP2557s.jpg.e043561bfb0eb2fc301823e44116fbb8.jpg

We are in a fore Sunset Veranda out of Copenhagen on June 1. Anyone have any experience with the front of the boat in these cabins?

Would love to hear. We sort of expect both wind and sea motion. Hope the wind isn't so bad we can't use the balcony while underway.

Thanks,

Ben and Christopher

We did the Baltic in a forward suite next to your cabins last year.

With exception of one very rough day we used our balcony every afternoon and evening. Yes, there can be some wind and turbulence but the views out of the front of the ship make up for all of that. Enjoy!:)

HI Everyone, Thanks for the responses, and Juergen thanks for the balcony pic, and the link to your albums, I enjoyed them! This is helpful in deciding if I want to keep the room or change to a regular balcony room. I did inquire yesterday with Azamara about room availability, and aside from the suites, the cruise is almost full already, 1 year in advance! That amazes me, with the number of cruises available, and the economy the way it is. -Jenny

Archived