City Maps in European Ports

rubinstein2r

We will be touring several of the ports on our own during our 6/7/08 cruise. Should we expect to receive city maps from Azamara or should we purchase them? We have several Frommers guidebooks but they don't provide much in the way of maps.

--Myra and Leo in AZ

I know I can buy them but if we will be getting them from the cruiseline (as I have on Holland America and Royal Caribbean) I won't bother. I was hoping someone who's already sailed with them would know.

Thanks!

--Myra

When we were on Oceania last summer for our Baltic cruise- there were city maps, and a tourism representative - she actually circled and drew lines to show us the best circuit to take to view what we asked...

Hopefully Azamara will being doing the same - we are sailing with them in September.

CJcruzer

Hi everybody,

try www.arrivalguides.com - there you can download free city guides of most big cities, and it´s all free!!! I use them for all my trips, and they are very useful for one-day-trips, including city maps!!!

Best regards,

Christina

Thank you so much for the link, Christina. This is very helpful for the travellers doing their own thing. Much appreciated.

SF

We were on the 4/25 mediterranean cruise and there was a city map and areas to see etc. in the newsletter left in your room the night and sometimes 2 nights before port. The activity desk always had maps and helped you map out your days adventures, they were pretty helpful! Good luck wish I could go with you. I just posted a review of our trip.

Lori

i would also recommend the website inyourpocket.com

i have downloaded maps from them in the past.

Personally, I have found the ship maps to be a hit and miss.

I tend to immerse myself in the destination when I travel on my own and many times the ship maps only show a few highlights on them.

I prefer to buy streetwise or insight maps ...

Archived