Redeemding Royal Visa Credits for Cruise Leaving Next Friday?

Is 5 days enough to get our hands on an RCCL Visa cruise credit certificate?

We booked the 5/16 Monarch 3-day this past Friday evening and we're leaving next Friday. The dept. at Bank of America that issues the certificates doesn't open until tomorrow. We have 15,000 Royal Points, good for $150.00 in credits. I talked to Bank of America customer service today and they can authorize the certificate, but once they do and I order the certificate, I can't put the points back into our account if we don't get it in time and use it for our Friday cruise.

Does anyone have any experience getting a certificate for onboard credits with a very short turnaround time?

It's not the end of the world if we don't get it, but I don't want to start the process and find myself with a certificate I can't use. I believe once issues, you have a limited time to use it.

I would save it for the next cruise. Some people have said you can just call in the numbers but in my experience that wouldn't actually post them until they received the actual paper certificates. I would save them for the next cruise. They need to be applied within 6 months of issue, not sailed just applied.

Thanks for the quick feedback Sue L and sailor05. I suspected that would be the case and knew somebody on these boards would have answers before the redemption office opens tomorrow.

But, if I do order them and find they arrive late, and if we have 6 months before they expire, it might be an excuse to do another cruise soon ;) !

But, if I do order them and find they arrive late, and if we have 6 months before they expire, it might be an excuse to do another cruise soon ;) !

PLUS, knowing you will be booking another for within 6 months, you could take advantage of the Next Cruise option while onboard the Monarch and make your next cruiser even sweeter with another OBC!

A~

PLUS, knowing you will be booking another for within 6 months, you could take advantage of the Next Cruise option while onboard the Monarch and make your next cruiser even sweeter with another OBC!

A~

Actually use the card for your onboard account to get double points, book the next cruise with it for double points + on board credit from 50-200$ depending on the length of the cruise. You CAN combine everything.

I redeemed my points...got the certificate number and had my OBC posted, all without ever receiving the certificates. I'm mailing mine in today. I called C & A to see if my OBC was credited it was. I'm in your same predicament. I have another certificate coming that I will have to hope posts within days of me giving the certificate number.

I can only share my experience. I'm not planning to cruise RCI anytime soon after this so I will take my chances..but if you will I'll say wait.

If you decide to take a chance please post...I want to know what my chances are of getting my OBC.

Archived