Deposit on FunPass ?

Just wondering...I'm cruising on May 24. If I put my credit card information on my e-documents now will it go ahead and put the funds on hold, or will they go on hold on our sail date? Since I have to worry about it at all, would it be better to just wait and give them our credit card info when we're boarding? Thanks in advance :).

Just wondering...I'm cruising on May 24. If I put my credit card information on my e-documents now will it go ahead and put the funds on hold, or will they go on hold on our sail date? Since I have to worry about it at all, would it be better to just wait and give them our credit card info when we're boarding? Thanks in advance :).

You only give CCL the last 4 numbers gof the card you are going to use. They don't have your whole number, so you don't have to worry about anything. I had this same concern before I actually filled out my FunPass. It's all very painless and you'll be glad you went ahead and did it!:)

I knew you guys would come through! One more question, though..how much is actually put on hold. I just read something on Carnival's site that they put a $50/cc at the beginning of the cruise and add in increments as needed. I thought it was $200/pp or is that just for a cash deposit?

Sorry, trying to plan my bank account :rolleyes:

I knew you guys would come through! One more question, though..how much is actually put on hold. I just read something on Carnival's site that they put a $50/cc at the beginning of the cruise and add in increments as needed. I thought it was $200/pp or is that just for a cash deposit?

Sorry, trying to plan my bank account :rolleyes:

From Carnival's website....

Important Note: A hold will be placed on the credit card or checking account debit card at the beginning of the cruise as a deposit for an onboard purchases. This will reduce the amount of available credit on the credit card or restrict the availability of cash in the checking account. The hold will be released and actual charges will be billed at the end of the cruise.

The following dollar amounts, per guest, are used as a deposit when the Sail & Sign Account is opened:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

Thanks,

I found this on their site when establishing my onboard credit account:

An initial $50 hold will be applied per checking/debit card or credit card at the beinning of the cruise as a deposit for onboard purchases, and the incremental holds will be obtained as needed. This will reduce the amount of available credit on the card or restrict the availability of cash in the checking/debit account. Hold releases to your account it is entirely up to your issuing bank

and that's what confused me. I saw the $200/pp under the cash amount. Just wondering if anyone knew from experience what they really do :).

Archived