Equinox

nukester

bOOKED MAIDEN VOYAGE ON CELEBRETITY EQUINOX FOR aUG. 09......aNY NEWS ON THE CRUISE. eNTERTAINMENT AND CELEBRETIES ON BOARD

You might want to watch threads about the Solstice since this will be the first ship (sister ship to the Equinox) of this class. I believe it is due to cruise in December of this year for it's inaugural voyage. As far as celebrities, I am not sure that there will be any aboard or if there are, I don't know if it will be put out for press release. Maybe others can help in this matter.

Enjoy your cruise.

Years ago, we were on the first voyage of the Grand Princess, Rita Marino - was the star attraction. There was no advance notice.

We are cruising on the Equinox as well, 6 months after she enters service.

We will be watching info on the Sotistice later this year.

After sailing the Explorer in November, I am expecting some changes in Solstice/Equinox production shows. I find it interesting that RCCL does their own production show, yet X hires out to 2 different companies. I wonder if that will continue with the new ships.

After sailing the Explorer in November, I am expecting some changes in Solstice/Equinox production shows. I find it interesting that RCCL does their own production show, yet X hires out to 2 different companies. I wonder if that will continue with the new ships.

It will. We were told this by the backstage tour folks on Century. They hire a different production company for each class of ships. I was surprised it was not all the same company.

I'm not saying it will be a new company. I'm thinking RCI will be producing the shows themselves.

My guess is, X will approach the best dancers they currently have and offer them the chance to change to work for them instead their current productions companies.

I'm not saying it will be a new company. I'm thinking RCI will be producing the shows themselves.

My guess is, X will approach the best dancers they currently have and offer them the chance to change to work for them instead their current productions companies.

Rick,

On Century, they told us a new company had been hired to produce the Solstice class shows. They specifically said they don't use RCL productions.

The company they are using is Post Productions. Here is the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000U4w9LElOZi-kKK01M3Cp4RU:12hdebcnj?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2008-03-07&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

I don't understand that. When you have a corporate company why contract out? In these days of looking to save money you would think they would keep it in house

I agree. They seem determined to keep it all separate.

Archived