Junior Suites - JOS - Under Common Area

Hey all, my parents may join us on our PC cruise on Jewel 3/10. They only cruise in Junior Suites as my mom wants the bathtub option. Question is, on this class of ship the JS's seem to be only under common areas.

Are there any cabins that would be quieter than others? Which ones to avoid? Thanks for your expert advice.

They are very hesitant. We are so hesitant that I would rather have a top of the line balcony cabin than book a suite under a common area. My mother is a light sleeper as well.

THANKS

Hi, We had JS1094 on Serenade , which is under the outdoor area of the Windjammer and we were awoken at 5.30am everyday by noise from above. So I would recommend you stay away from that area.

However, I have read several posts from people who stayed in Deck 10 cabins and heard no noise at all - so hopefully someone with that experience will reply!

They won't have noise--don't worry! That's why deck 10 is primo! We alwasy stay on deck 10 and are never bothered! Now, when you're on the balcony, you can hear your neighbors, but that's just one of those things--it's the same on a hotel balcony. The cabins are quiet.

They won't have noise--don't worry! That's why deck 10 is primo! We alwasy stay on deck 10 and are never bothered! Now, when you're on the balcony, you can hear your neighbors, but that's just one of those things--it's the same on a hotel balcony. The cabins are quiet.

I always wondered why they would put the most expensive cabins under common areas but apparently it is trouble for some according to UKtraveller above. Which cabins did you have where you were happy?

Anxiously awaiting...we booked 9576 (superior balcony) again as even tho it is not a suite, it was the nicest and quietest cabin we have ever had and it had an awesome balcony - bigger and better than the norm.

thank you

We've been on Jewel in a JS on Deck 10 and heard nothing. We were in 1080 which, while under a common area that part of the common area has carpetting (it's the Windjammer) so never even heard chairs being moved. It was a great suite. We are booked in 1576(same area on other side) for a cruise later this year. I don't think I would book a JS directly under pool area though as I've seen posts that mention noise in that area.Hope that helps.

On Radiance, a sister ship, we always try to get a JS and have stayed in 1548, 1542, 1546 and 1560 and have never heard any noise. Pretty soundproof in the mid-ship areas.

As someone else mentioned, the JS cabins aft may have some noise from the WJ outside eating area. When we had JS 1596, we did occasionally hear noise from the WJ in the evenings when they were cleaning up.

Our last cruise we had a deck 10 aft JS on the Seranade (below the windjammer). We never noticed any noise at all from the Windjammer and we loved the cabin (the view is great).

Thanks to all who have responded. I cut and pasted all the pertinent cabin info and sent it to my parents. I appreciate it very much.

We are booked for Panama 3/23/09. All of the JS are gone now. Are you sure they are available on your cruise? Might want to hurry and book.

We are booked for Panama 3/23/09. All of the JS are gone now. Are you sure they are available on your cruise? Might want to hurry and book.

Hey there...we are already booked for March 2010...it is my parents and they are not sure yet. We booked this early because we wanted a specific cabin.

Thanks for the input

Thanks for all who posted here. I was waffling on a junior suite on deck ten, but was concerned about being under the Windjammer (I usually book a deck with passenger decks above and below). The observations posted here helped. I booked the JS. Just another reason I love Cruise Critic:)

We have cabin 1100 aft on JOS . Is the Windjammer open in the morning? I'm hoping to run up and grab some snacks to bring down to the cabin :)

Yes, the Windjammer starts serving buffet breakfast about 7 in the morning.

I've got JS 1100 too! When are you going? If it's before 11/30/09, let me know how that cabin is. I picked it especially because of comments on these boards. I love being in the back of the ship where a minimum of people pass by your room.

We just got off Vision of the Seas where we had the JS 8088 also a corner aft with a terrific wrap around balcony. I hope we'll enjoy 1100 as much.

I actually know where Ft. Salonga is! I've been there, used to live in NYC.

I've got JS 1100 too! When are you going? If it's before 11/30/09, let me know how that cabin is. I picked it especially because of comments on these boards. I love being in the back of the ship where a minimum of people pass by your room.

We just got off Vision of the Seas where we had the JS 8088 also a corner aft with a terrific wrap around balcony. I hope we'll enjoy 1100 as much.

Wow- no one ever knows where Fort Salonga is :)

We had an aft cabin for the first time on NCL this past February and loved the privacy too! We are going to the Panama Canal Feb. 2009 and cannot wait.

• 2 years later...

We have had JS 1100 on the Jewel and Serenade and have it again on the Serenade this Oct and on the Radiance next year - wonderful stateroom with a huge balcony and never had a problem with the outside Windjammer area above. Like the advantage of only being one deck down from pool too.

• 4 years later...

9576 is an E1 on Jewel. Under deck 10, so no common areas above. We've been in 9576 on Radiance, Brilliance and Jewel. Love it. Not a JS, but a very convenient cabin, little noise, a bit larger balcony. And the bed is next to the closet.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd