Scubagirrl ~ a different type of question

pmfan

I have read and looked everywhere but can't find my answer, so I bring my question to you. :confused: Is there a self serve laundry, or laundromat, near the port? If so, could you please give directions.

I have read and looked everywhere but can't find my answer, so I bring my question to you. :confused: Is there a self serve laundry, or laundromat, near the port? If so, could you please give directions.

Not nearby THere's one near the bridges. Not a place you want to walk to (or walk around). If you must do laundry. grab a cab.. and give them a time to come back and get you.

Every ship has a self-serve laundry... just ask.

Every ship has a self-serve laundry... just ask.

I'm sorry but your information is wrong. :( There is no self serve laundry on any of the Royal Caribbean ships. If there was I would know about it.

I'm sorry but your information is wrong. :( There is no self serve laundry on any of the Royal Caribbean ships. If there was I would know about it.

Used one on Majesty of the Seas several years ago. Maybe they took them out or hid them. Don't they have a "service"? How much do you need to do? I would buy clothes rather than spend some of my time in a Laundromat in Nassau, but that is my op. Have a great time and maybe you will get some good tales to pass on here.

BTW I was just trying to find you an alternative to going to the laundry... if you read scubagirls comments you will see that the area is not great for tourists... and that cabs do not go that way, hence getting the cab to come back at a certain time.

Just checked and you are right as of now that they do not offer self-serve anymore... here is a list of prices for laundry services:

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

No harm done.:) I just didn't want another cruiser to read your post and think there was self-service laundry on all ships. After hearing back from scubagirrl, I had decided not to be doing laundry at that port. :) Thanks for trying to help.

No harm done.:) I just didn't want another cruiser to read your post and think there was self-service laundry on all ships. After hearing back from scubagirrl, I had decided not to be doing laundry at that port. :) Thanks for trying to help.

I really do think that is the best. I have gone to several places on both islands (GBI and Nassau) that most tourist would not frequent but it has always been with a native friend. Nassau is safe when you stay on the beaten path. I'm not saying anything would happen but better safe than sorry. What other stops do you have? Is there some reason you have to do laundry while on a cruise? Are you on a long cruise or Back to Back?

I really do think that is the best. I have gone to several places on both islands (GBI and Nassau) that most tourist would not frequent but it has always been with a native friend. Nassau is safe when you stay on the beaten path. I'm not saying anything would happen but better safe than sorry. What other stops do you have? Is there some reason you have to do laundry while on a cruise? Are you on a long cruise or Back to Back?

I just booked several b2b's on the Sovereign. LOL. First with my family, then with my sister, and then with some friends. {Everyone was free at a different time}. I love Nassau and CoCo Cay and could never get tired of visiting them. I am not a big fan of Freeport though. Just thought on one of my stops I'd do laundry, but I guess I'll just do a few pieces on the ship instead. I've been to Nassau several times but am interested in hearing if you have any must do's I should consider.

I just booked several b2b's on the Sovereign. LOL. First with my family, then with my sister, and then with some friends. {Everyone was free at a different time}. I love Nassau and CoCo Cay and could never get tired of visiting them. I am not a big fan of Freeport though. Just thought on one of my stops I'd do laundry, but I guess I'll just do a few pieces on the ship instead. I've been to Nassau several times but am interested in hearing if you have any must do's I should consider.

I would think that if you are doing B2B that you would get to know your cabin steward quite well... might get him/her to do some laundry in what they use. Will you have your car in Port Canaveral? Just wondering if you could go do some laundry in PC? I know you might have to wait a little to get on after doing the laundry but it would be in this country and safe. You know if you have a car why not put another suitcase you can exchange in it and have the friends grab it and bring it on.

In GBI ask to be taken to the bowling alley. Tell him you want to do something different.... not many tourist there. If you have the time rent a car from Brad's, ask directions to Bishops and see some deserted beaches with some of the best conch fritters you ever tasted. Ask Mr. Bishop to play some checkers, but don't bet and don't expect to win.

On Nassau everyone should take a carriage ride ONCE! Scare the you know what out of you. Get drunk on the Yellowbird and make a fool of yourself - your on vacation.

Archived