Help really sick and leaving in 6 days

You are so right about that virus. My 7yo had it for 13 days. She would feel better for a day, then it would come right back. Took her to the Dr 3 times, and she wound up having to get IV fluids (she refused to eat/drink; just felt too bad). We were really starting to get scared and they did blood work; found nothing. It was just a really bad virus that wouldn't go away.

So OP if you are having stomach virus symptoms, don't rule this out (she also had severe cramping and they even considered appendicitis).

Anyhoo...hope you feel better and get to take that cruise. Let us know!

WOW! Was ther anything she got to aleviate her symptoms? It sounds like what I have. I feel ok for a couple of hours and then I am back down again. I don't see how I can get on this boat if it could last that long. So sad.

WOW! Was ther anything she got to aleviate her symptoms? It sounds like what I have. I feel ok for a couple of hours and then I am back down again. I don't see how I can get on this boat if it could last that long. So sad.

Just some phenergan (sp?) for the nausea and told me to give her gas-x for the cramping. Seriously, we were pretty scared for her. It was like the never ending stomach virus. (she was sick on both ends if you know what I mean) But, weird thing is, nobody else in our household caught it.

My SIL also just went through the same thing with her 4 yo son. Her 3 yo also caught it but his only lasted a day.

Maybe you'll be better by then. 6 days gives you plenty of time figure out what is going on.

Wishing you all of the best!!

I've had the gallbladder thing as well. It also comes and goes, can be rather "colicky" in nature. Hopefully, they can figure it out soon and at least you will have an answer. It's so much easier to cope when you can at least put a name to the problem.

I remember a thread once where a guy had gallstones on the ship and it wasn't diagnosed until after he left the ship and checked into a hospital. People were reaming the ship Dr. for not making the diagnosis. I kept telling them that GI ailments are sometimes very difficult to diagnose, even at nationally reknown hospitals, much less in a small ship infirmary. Most just wanted to ignore that and call the ship doctor negligent. Your post just underscores the fact that some problems are very tricky to diagnose; many different problems can have some of the same symptoms and it can take a while to narrow it down to one answer.

I hope you feel better soon!

If it is your gallbladder you can have surgery tomorrow and still make your cruise! It's usually an outpatient surgery and recovery time is not bad. Of course you would need someone to carry your bags!:D

My GF had to have her's removed the week before flying to London for a TA. She was had people handle her luggage,(I put her carry on over head). But, we ended up walking all over London and Dover without much problem for her.

Hope things work out for you.

I agree with the other posters check it out with your insurance and see what they cover. Your friend could go and bring a friend in your place. Check with the company ASAP!

If they are not taking you to urgent surgery that is good. Check with your Dr and see when tell him/her you are hoping to be able to go....

Most Gall bladders are done with minimally invasive surgery theses days (3-4 little holes about an inch long, with one in your belly button), so you could probably get it done and go, with orders to take it easy from the doc. A perfect recuperation cruise!

Hoping you a quick recovery!

Nancy

Back from the Doc. I have a cyst on my spleen:( . He says nothing to worry about. He thinks I got food poisoning from some sushi I ate and he gave me some new meds to take. I should start feeling better in about 4-5 days.:eek: I am going to go on my trip anyway:D. You guys have all been great in helping me. Thanks again for everything. If anybody needs info on the Pride let me know.:)

Back from the Doc. I have a cyst on my spleen:( . He says nothing to worry about. He thinks I got food poisoning from some sushi I ate and he gave me some new meds to take. I should start feeling better in about 4-5 days.:eek: I am going to go on my trip anyway:D. You guys have all been great in helping me. Thanks again for everything. If anybody needs info on the Pride let me know.:)

YAY! Glad you can go!! I was worried about you and hoping you wouldn't have to miss your cruise. That would be sad after looking forward to something for so long!! Take care and have fun!!!! Let us know how it goes!

Holly:D

Not only do you get to go on your cruise, you'll be going feeling very svelte! The kind of svelted that only comes by expelling everything out of your body for days on end.

Beautiful timing;)

Truly, I'm so happy they've diagnosed you and that you girls still get to cruise! I'm sure you'll get good rest this weekend which will help you immensely. Nothing is worse than not knowing. I think it really taxes us mentally and spiritually.

So glad you are getting to go and no surgery!!!:D

Thats great news.... just take your meds and you should be feeling fine!

You'll love the Pride, I have been on her twice, great ship and crew.

Try to go see Randi in Mazatlan, she is a sweetheart! Nothing better than a ride through the trees and a gallop down the beach and shrimp and Pacificos at the restaurant there.

Have a great time!

Nancy

[quote name='love-lee']If it is your gallbladder you can have surgery tomorrow and still make your cruise! It's usually an outpatient surgery and recovery time is not bad. Of course you would need someone to carry your bags!:D[/quote]

This is exactly right. I had mine out last Jan. It's really a piece of cake. Can't think of a better place than a cruise to recover. Me, I recovered by starting a new job five days after my surgery! :rolleyes:

With things they are with outpatient surgery, it might be the same with appendicitis, as well. Tell them to hurry! You have a cruise to go on!

Good luck!

[quote name='THERAPYCRUISE']Thank you for all the support. I am still feeling reallyy horrible, but I am staying in bed and waiting till the last minute hoping I will get better. My traveling companion is freaking out. We have not done anything like this since our children were born so this was a big deal to even make the decission to leave our families and go do this on our own. My son will be graduating next year as well as her first born, and we decided this would be a great way to try and break our mommy strings a little so it might not be as hard for us when they go to college. I have never left my son for more than 2 days before so as you can see, this was really important that we go and relax and have a good time on our own. I hope I get better soon. Thanks again for your kind comments, it makes feel better to just read them.[/quote]

I'm glad things are getting better for you and you will be able to cruise! It does show how important insurance can be, we never know when we might need it. Have a great time on your cruise keep feeling better....

So glad you've gotten a proper diagnosis and the Doc says nothing to worry about! :D
Have a great time on the girls' trip, and don't worry about a thing.
My parents are very happy empty nest cruisers and they just got back from their second cruise [I]this year![/I] Two cruises in four months, I'm so jealous. :cool:
Keep taking care of yourself, and have a great time. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived