Help really sick and leaving in 6 days

:( I have been real sick for 2 days. They are testing for gall bladder and appendicitis. My question is how dose the insurance work? I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I am supposed to go with my best friend. Can she still go or do we have to cancel? :(

:( I have been real sick for 2 days. They are testing for gall bladder and appendicitis. My question is how dose the insurance work? I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I am supposed to go with my best friend. Can she still go or do we have to cancel? :(

THERAPYCRUISE,

Sorry to hear you're felling bad.

Can't help you with what insurance covers because we never buy it.

I can tell you there have been several GI viruses this year that could be causing your problem......the symptoms are lasting up to 14 days for some people and as few as 24 hours for others.

Your cruise partner can sail without you. They can also change your booking to a new name for a fifty dollar fee.

Call them!

Your friend can still go.

Steve

I can't help with the insurance question but I do know that if it is your gall bladder... it sucks:( .... I was feeling sick on my last (first) cruise and I had my gall bladder taken out the day after my cruise! I didn't eat anything the whole cruise! 7 days! No DOD's for 7 days! I am so bitter... but can't wait to go back! Good luck!

If it is your gallbladder you can have surgery tomorrow and still make your cruise! It's usually an outpatient surgery and recovery time is not bad. Of course you would need someone to carry your bags!:D

I had a Kidney Stone right before my Freedom Cruise and the pain was crazy, Kidney Stone pain will be located on the back side, right or left and right above the hip area. I got a CT-Scan to ensure it wasn't the Appendix also but they did find some small stones. One bag of I.V. did the trick and the Stone pass and life was better after that. Hope you get better soon.

Fred

IF it's gallbladder you could still go. I had min out and recovery was just 48hours. Get it out fast and you're still good to go

I had a Kidney Stone right before my Freedom Cruise and the pain was crazy, Kidney Stone pain will be located on the back side, right or left and right above the hip area. I got a CT-Scan to ensure it wasn't the Appendix also but they did find some small stones. One bag of I.V. did the trick and the Stone pass and life was better after that. Hope you get better soon.

Fred

I have chronic kidney stones (about every 2 or 3 months) that's why I NEVER go on vacation without pain medicine. We leave on the 26th and I go the 21st to get pain meds to carry with me.:eek:

To the OP, gee I hope you get to feeling better. However I had my gallbladder removed on a Monday and I was back in school (I'm a teacher) by that same Wednesday. My then dh had a FIT about me going into work that early but it was the beginning of school and I didn't want to miss. I had no problems with it.

Thank you all for your kind and informative comments. I called the ins. co. and I can cancel last minute. They have ruled out appendicitis. I sure hope they figure it out soon. I just want to feel better and go on my trip. Thanks again for all your well wishes.

Another felow gall bladder sufferer here :(

I know it is agony , but the surgery they do now is very non- invasive and healing time is so much faster . I was feeling fine 2 days later.

Hope that you are able to make your cruise and enjoy.

More importantly, I hope you are feeling better soon :)

Glad you have insurance. I had to cancell my 2006 cruise 2 days before the cruise and I received all of my money back.I don't care how old or young you are any thing can go wrong just before a cruise.That 1 time I received more money back then I paided for insurance on all my cruises

Thank you for all the support. I am still feeling reallyy horrible, but I am staying in bed and waiting till the last minute hoping I will get better. My traveling companion is freaking out. We have not done anything like this since our children were born so this was a big deal to even make the decission to leave our families and go do this on our own. My son will be graduating next year as well as her first born, and we decided this would be a great way to try and break our mommy strings a little so it might not be as hard for us when they go to college. I have never left my son for more than 2 days before so as you can see, this was really important that we go and relax and have a good time on our own. I hope I get better soon. Thanks again for your kind comments, it makes feel better to just read them.

I sincerely hope you feel better. I had my appendix out two years ago and I was shocked at how fast the recovery was. If they would have let me, I could have driven myself home the day after! It sounds like the gall bladder surgery is just as quick. I'm so happy to hear that the insurance will cover you, now I only hope you get on the mend fast and can still go cruising.

I do have a question - were you planning on driving or flying to catch the Pride? Flying might be un-fun when you aren't feeling so hot.

Thanks for keeping us updated, get better!

Thank you for all the support. I am still feeling reallyy horrible, but I am staying in bed and waiting till the last minute hoping I will get better. My traveling companion is freaking out. We have not done anything like this since our children were born so this was a big deal to even make the decission to leave our families and go do this on our own. My son will be graduating next year as well as her first born, and we decided this would be a great way to try and break our mommy strings a little so it might not be as hard for us when they go to college. I have never left my son for more than 2 days before so as you can see, this was really important that we go and relax and have a good time on our own. I hope I get better soon. Thanks again for your kind comments, it makes feel better to just read them.

So sorry you are still feeling horrible!!:( When will they know something about what the heck it is? I hope you know something definitive soon, and can still make that cruise work..:(

THERAPYCRUISE,

Sorry to hear you're felling bad.

Can't help you with what insurance covers because we never buy it.

I can tell you there have been several GI viruses this year that could be causing your problem......the symptoms are lasting up to 14 days for some people and as few as 24 hours for others.

Your cruise partner can sail without you. They can also change your booking to a new name for a fifty dollar fee.

You are so right about that virus. My 7yo had it for 13 days. She would feel better for a day, then it would come right back. Took her to the Dr 3 times, and she wound up having to get IV fluids (she refused to eat/drink; just felt too bad). We were really starting to get scared and they did blood work; found nothing. It was just a really bad virus that wouldn't go away.

So OP if you are having stomach virus symptoms, don't rule this out (she also had severe cramping and they even considered appendicitis).

Anyhoo...hope you feel better and get to take that cruise. Let us know!

Archived