KIDS SAIL FREE - NCL Sky - Summer

crusinmama06

I am very surprised that this is for kids 17 yrs old and younger. I didn't think anyone gives you a kids rate for a 17 yr old.

I have never looked at the NCL website before though and absolutely hate the decor of the cabins.:eek: That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me to get a free cruise for my son though.

Anyone know if it is pullman or sofabeds in a BA balcony? The legend on the floorplans says it fits 3 but no useful information on bed types. I think I am just too familiar with RCL deckplans and their legend that defines cabins better.

You know I have no idea. Maybe ask on the NCL board. :confused:

I look at it like this, it would be a GREAT and CHEAP vacation for anyone looking for a shorter getaway.

The cruises are from miami. The ports are Nassau and NCL's private island (which is very nice)

And heck, some of those cabins start at $179 just for the 1st and 2nd person, the rest are free. :eek: You can beat that with a stick. ;) Especially during Summer.

I know if I lived closer to Miami, or didn't already have so many trips planned, I would seriously be jumping on it, just to try it.

EDITING LINK - (it's not working above anymore)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/home.html

then click on the bottom of their home page

And heck, some of those cabins start at $179 just for the 1st and 2nd person, the rest are free. :eek: You can beat that with a stick. ;) Especially during Summer.

Those prices are for September not the summer. The summer is higher. It was not worth it for July and most of August IMHO. The rates lowered as soon as school starts back for the Florida crowd. I am booked for $189pp and kids free on sept. 26th. July was $389pp and kids free for the 3day. My total bill with taxes, port charges and fuel charges for July was going to be about $1300 on the 3 day and $1700 on the 4 day.

Those prices are for September not the summer. The summer is higher. It was not worth it for July and most of August IMHO. The rates lowered as soon as school starts back for the Florida crowd. I am booked for $189pp and kids free on sept. 26th. July was $389pp and kids free for the 3day. My total bill with taxes, port charges and fuel charges for July was going to be about $1300 on the 3 day and $1700 on the 4 day.

WOW? Really? They made it seem like it was the whole summer. And since I was looking at a September cruise, I didn't run any other dates.

Thanks for pointing that out. That does make a huge difference!

Does anyone have any feedback on NCL? I could do a 4 night for 8 for like $1660! I was waiting for DCL to release thier fl res rates but, it still won't be that cheap. I have heard mixed things about NCL. What do you all think?

Mary

Could a person book two of these cruises in a row for an 8 day cruise?

No the ship is running three days then four days. You may be able to book b2b for 7 days.

You would repeat 2 stops. It would be less than $500pp if you got both of the cheapest rates.

Friday- Monday Nassau, great stirrup

Monday-Friday Grand bahamma, Nassau, great stirrup

One other thing to note for families: This ship can not hold 4 passengers in a balcony cabin. They are made for 3 passengers only. You must do an inside or suite.

Archived