North To Alaska.....

We're sailing on the Dawn Princess out of San Francisco on 16 June. We've been on a few cruises, but all to warm weather destinations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to see beautiful Alaska. We have some great excursions booked and plan to thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

Here's my question...what to bring?

I have the following items (out of the ordinary for us on vacation)

rain gear

waterproof hiking shoes

binoculars

layered clothes

jacket

Can you please let me know what else we might need or appreciate having on this trip?

Thanks

We're sailing on the Dawn Princess out of San Francisco on 16 June. We've been on a few cruises, but all to warm weather destinations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to see beautiful Alaska. We have some great excursions booked and plan to thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

Here's my question...what to bring?

I have the following items (out of the ordinary for us on vacation)

rain gear

waterproof hiking shoes

binoculars

layered clothes

jacket

Can you please let me know what else we might need or appreciate having on this trip?

Thanks

You might want to take a couple of tee shirts too. I've been on four Alaska cruises, and twice the weather was pretty warm in certain areas.

I believe that Juneau gets more rain than Seattle, so an umbrella might be a good idea. Though, I remember a post last year that the locals don't use umbrellas. Best idea is layered clothing from a T-shirt, long-sleeved shirt to jacket. Then you can take off or put on as necessary. Extra socks and shoes might be good too in case a pair gets wet.

Alaska is amazing. Enjoy!

Archived