What cruise ships have a port of call in Egypt?

cwistyred

Hello Everyone,

I have a question please. My husband and I are really interested in going on a cruise in 2009 that goes to Egypt. The problem is that finding this information on the various cruise sites is proving to be difficult. For some lines it is part of a Eastern Med cruise and other lines have Holy Land cruises. I would like to have an idea of what's available before I call some TA's as I always believe you get the most help when you come armed with information.

On what lines and on what ships and dates are you going? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Cwistyred

Hi,

We're booked on Costa in April..didn't want to go any later because of the heat.

We are very limited timewise, (restricted to UK school holidays) and need a cruise that 'fits in' exactly with dates. Costa was the only one I could find for us... but there were others, RCI Brilliance & Norweigan Jade both have sailings in April.

Costa itinerary:

Day 1 Civitavecchia/Rome (Italy) - 19:00

Day 2 Savona (Italy) 08:00 18:00

Day 3 ...cruising... - -

Day 4 Katakolon/Olympia (Greece) 12:00 18:00

Day 5 Piraeus/Athens (Greece) 08:00 19:00

Day 6 Izmir (Turkey) 08:00 18:00

Day 7 Rhodes (Greece) 08:00 17:00

Day 8 Limassol (Cyprus) 08:00 14:00

Day 9 Alexandria (Egypt) 08:00 22:00

Day 10 ...cruising... - -

Day 11 ...cruising... - -

Day 12 Civitavecchia/Rome (Italy) 08:00 -

What I suggest you do is visit http://www.porttime.com/

Put in the ports, Alexandria then Port Said, & you will be able to flip through the calendars to see which ships are visiting these ports on dates to suit you.

We will be on the Norwegian Jade in January/February which has two days in port at Alexandria. We are planning an overnight excursion to Cairo from there and are so excited!

Princess has a cruise that is called "Egypt and the Aegean" which is offered several times each year (mainly spring and fall). It hits a lot of the highlights of the Med. for me, including Athens, Istanbul, 2 nights in Egypt, Kusadasi (for Ephesus), Naples, and Mykonos. It also sails round trip from Rome, making it easy to book airfare and also to spend a few days in Rome before or after your cruise.

Another Princess itinerary that includes Egypt is the "Holy Lands" cruise. This is offered only a few times a year, generally on one of the smaller Princess ships. I hope to do this cruise in the next couple of years. I don't have the itinerary handy, but it should be easy to look up. I know it includes 2 nights in Egypt as well as 2 nights in Israel (both allowing for overnights on land if desired).

Good luck with your search!

Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas is staying in the Med and has scheduled a lot of cruises that include Alexandria in 2009. We are booked on the March 30, 2009 cruise but there are many cruises before and after the date we chose. Brilliance of the Seas is a beautiful ship, too.

Our ports: Barcelona, Tunis Tunisia, Athens Greece, Rhodes Greece, Limassol Cyprus, Alexandria Egypt, Valetta Malta, and back to Barcelona.

Holland America will have the Rotterdam and Prinsendam taking Holy Land and Egypt cruises in Oct. 2009. You can check the website for the itineraries. (We're sailing there on the Rotterdam, this Oct.)

When do you want to go? The time of year you are planning to go will help narrow your search. We are going on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas because I can only take long trips in July when I have 5 weeks off work.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived