How much do you typically drink

bonstersd

How much do you typcially drink in one day on a cruise?

I'm guessing I drink probably 10 to 12 beers, 2 glasees of wine and maybe an after dinner coffee cocktail (I'm talking about over a 12-hour period). Does anyone else drink this much? (Brenda...I know you!)

I'm guessing I drink probably 10 to 12 beers, 2 glasees of wine and maybe an after dinner coffee cocktail (I'm talking about over a 12-hour period). Does anyone else drink this much? (Brenda...I know you!)

3 - 6 long island ice teas/beer by pool during day..

3 - 6 mixed drinks dinner and dancing....

6 - 12 drinks a day........ maybe a shot here and there also.... I think you're ok!

Yep, that sounds about right!

Oh good.... I feel much more "normal." That amount does not factor in a trip to Senor Frogs or Carlos N Charlies...

Nor does it factor in what I plan on brining onboard.

Bonster - since you asked - -

On cruises, after my morning Dr. Pepper, I usually start the day with a few mimosas. I drink beer all day long in the Mexican ports (I'd say at least 10 given the heat/sweat factor) and then when we return to the ship, we dust off the hand-cranked blender and mix up a few pitchers of margies (we've been known to have the best sailaway parties on our balcony!) On formal nights, we usually have a bottle of White Star at dinner and on other nights, I'll drink beer with dinner and the Captain usually has wine or scotch. After dinner, it's anyone's guess what (or how much) we'll have.

Since I have 30 days 'til my next cruise, I'm really cranking on the "Just Say No" plan. I honestly drink so much on cruises, that I can't fit into my work clothes upon my return. So, I'm on the wagon now for the next 30 days. Yes, my first and best drink this year will be had on Nov. 6 at approximately 12:30 p.m.

Hmmm, well.. start off with Baileys and Coffee... you know, for the caffeine :D Then switch to mimosas, and add a bloody mary or two (extra spicy, helps rev up the metabolism... and that is the ONLY reason I drink them :D ).... so now it's 8am, and I head up to the pool for a couple of pina coladas and foofoos... but they are so sweet that by 10, I opt for beer... so after a bucket of Coronas, I decide my palate needs something else... maybe a shot? Okay, so after a shot of Goldschlaggar, I opt for a few margaritas (you can't help it, the band is playing and you are at sea, it would be silly not to ya know)... pretty much back and forth the rest of the afternoon. Dinner time have a few glasses of Pinot Noir or Merlot... after dinner switch over to Vodka Tonics or Malibu and Diet... or both, depending on the mood... now, in the disco, I opt for something less sticky, and may just go for beer, to chase down the Jager shots. I prefer white russians to go with my pizza at 4AM (you are SUPPOSED to have milk before you go to bed ya know!!!!!!) Ya think that is too much??? :eek: LOL..

And I thought I had drink too much on my last cruise!!! On port days, I don’t drink during the day (at least if I opt for an excursion, if I go to the beach then I would probably have 1 or 2 drinks). On sea days I drink 2 to 4 drinks in the afternoon, take a nap, dress up for dinner where I often enjoy a glass (sometimes 2) of wine. At night, it ranges from 0 to 6 drinks, depending on what I’m doing and at what time I’m going to bed. Don’t add all the max. listed above. I NEVER drink more than 10 drinks a day (up to 20-hour period) and I may drink that much like once a year or so, not every day nor every week.

Don't worry Perry-- A.A. is for quitters!
:mad:

That was not funny! AA is a great organization for alcoholics and it seems to me that most of yall need to attend! I drink maybe 4-5 drinks a YEAR and I cannot imagine anyone drinking basically all day and not be drunk! How do ya do it??

It was meant in jest! It's a fun thread and meant to be just that... FUN :D Not everything has to be so serious...

Sorry.....I should have know that it was just a joke. I must be having PMS 'cuz I just seem to be taking everything so seriously lately. I am so defensive these days............maybe I need a drink!:D

Karen, It's the 150 days to your next cruise. Book one to go on while you wait for that one and you'll feel better! ;)

As far as how much I drink on a cruise....he!!! I've already started and I'm still nine days out!! :D CChud

Chud: Good job. It is VERY important to practice your "cruise drinking" before your cruise and to practice it every day before. Otherwise...you know what happens -- and it's not usually pretty. uhhhhhh....I can't even think about it.

Hmmmm, well, I don't drink much at home so I have to make up for it on cruises. Never really thought about how much I drink, but embarkation day on my last cruise was a blur. Must be why I didn't make it to the dining room that night! :D

Archived